LiveProfessor or Waves USB insert experience

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions LiveProfessor or Waves USB insert experience

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KeithJ A&H KeithJ A&H 1 year ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of htevents
    htevents
    Participant

Hello all,

I couldn’t find exactly what I was looking for with the search function but does anyone already tried using plugins via a laptop/pc with LiveProfessor or Soundgrid Native or anything similar, via the USB-B connection as inserts on channels? For example, channel 1 > insert out USB-B out 1 > pc running the plugin > insert in USB-B in 1.

What are the expected latencies with a good spec pc/laptop with stable buffer settings?

I know that using Dante with a PCI card or a Waves setup with server is a lot better and get much lower latencies, but at the moment that is not in the budget yet.

Plugins used will be mostly the SSL E-channel, CLA 2A, CLA 76 and API 2500.

I know too much latency can be problematic with in-ear monitoring, so channels that suffer from too much latency, will be duplicated to another processing channel on the SQ for monitoring only.

Please share your experience.

Thank you in advance.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi @htevents

We looked at latency in one of the live A&H sessions, which you can re-watch here – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjPXMSlW8aM

The section that might help with your question is at around the 40minute mark where we ran some roundtrip latency tests with the same plugins and computer, but using different I/O methods.

Thanks,
    Keith.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.