Live streaming with Qu-16 and macbook not working?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Live streaming with Qu-16 and macbook not working?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Giga Giga 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Murdoch
    Murdoch
    Participant

Hi!

I have a problem with using the Qu-16 for a specific application. I work on occasion for a small community radio station that use either BUTT or Nicecast to stream their show live. I figured that i should be able to use the Qu-16 as an audio interface for the streaming software but neither of them receive any audio from the interface. I find this strange since it’s working flawlessly with Pro Tools on the same computer. The Qu-16 is selectable both in OS X audio settings and in the streaming software.

This could be for all sorts of reasons of course but has anyone had the same problem? I also wonder, could this be related to the version of OS X or the Mac Book Pro model 2015? It is running OS X 10.11.5. On our former computer(MBP 2010) i could use a Scarlett 2i4 usb interface and the streaming software would recognize and receive audio from it but that doesn’t work on the new computer either.

Thanks for any help!

/Gustav

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Hmm – If your previous interface doesn’t work then I’m going to suggest that there is an audio config issue that you haven’t found. I can’t help with looking for it though…

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

Is it possible the streaming programs aren’t set up for 48 Khz + 24 bit ? I *think* USB out in the mixer needs to see that before it starts giving up the goods….

Giga

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.