Live stream mixing and related

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Live stream mixing and related

This topic contains 18 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of volounteer volounteer 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

How do you measure your LUFs or similar required levels for streaming to radio, TV, CDNs, yada yada?

Radio & TV have legal requirements to be met.
    CDNs have specs that they will do what is necessary to fix your levels to fit, if needed, or in some cases reject your file.

Clearly nobody has calibrated ears that can guarantee that their signal level is proper per legal specs.

For many churches the sound is sent to a PC with OBS or similar to morph with the video and may be further processed.
    We can not control what happens there so it seems best to just send them a LUFs spec signal unless they say otherwise and indicate they will readjust after their processing to meet legal requirements or others. Some send direct to radio/tv so should be at correct levels for those. And some people feed multiple destinations and need multiple differing levels to be transmitted onwards.

So if the video PC does not have visible meter then we definitely need one. I would like to have one anyway if just for the live audience that might have SPL levels restricted by local laws.

Seems like the best way is to add a PC with a parallel output from the mixer and use a software LUFs display.
    Is there a simpler way a hardware device that could do it?

Or would you just give your video team something ‘reasonable’ and rely on them to fix everything.

I am surprised that the QUs do not have a better level meter with variable integration time instead of just coarse levels and leds and using a very short time that they are valid.

Profile photo of Valentinos
    Valentinos
    Participant

I want to Live stream on facebook using my Android A32 Samsung mobile phone . In my Live streaming music video I want use the Audio send thru the USB from my QU16 to the Andoid Phone A32 Samsung

But I am unable to receive audio in my Android phone

I can receive from My Yamaha MG 10XU mixer but not from Allen and Heath QU16 mixer. I have routed my Channel 1 and 2 to Master L & Master R to USB
    can someone help me

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Ignore the blathering in the first post that started this thread!

I never tried using the USB connection to directly send audio to a phone, I’ve
    used various adapters to get analog audio into a phone though.

Are you only using the Facebook interface to broadcast the live stream?

Maybe for an experiment send the L R audio to all of the USB output tracks at the same time and see if your phone and or Facebook picks up one of them.

If it does then it’s a process of elimination to find the one that it is.

I assume your using the same proven USB adapters that worked with the Yamaha mixer.

volounteer
    Participant

@Valentinos
    There is no phone you send can usb to.
    And the problem is vaguely confused with the yamaha mixer and sort of says he sends to the yamaha not receives.

@Valentinos Please post your question in a separate new thread not try to attach it to a totally different thread topic.

So the thread gets hijacked by a total noob, and the OP is insulted to boot with a meaningless answer to both questions.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

So the thread gets hijacked by a total noob, and the OP is insulted to boot with a meaningless answer to both questions.

Meaningless answer, hardly.

Maybe you should go back and read the “answers” you have posted to many questions.

volounteer
    Participant

just because you cannot understand the answers I post does not make them wrong

This thread was about level control such as measuring LUFS for live streaming
    not about cell phones and usb issues they have

telling anyone to ignore that question is insulting

Valentinos
    Participant

Thanks
    yes i used the same USB + same phone + same desktop + and same live feed with Yamaha MG 10XU and the audio deed was fantastic

When i used the QU 16 to send my audio to the same phone it failed to send the same intended audio

But when i used QU16 to send audio to my Desktop windows 10( using official drivers for windows 10) https://www.allen-heath.com/qu-series/qu-16/?download=119158

I was successful in sending 2 tract stereo audio to the face book and utube live stream ( Directly and thru OBS)

hope this helps

Valentinos
    Participant

ok sorry guys I understand
    i will use a new thread
    using the forum for the first time

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Again I would try sending the same audio mix to all USB output tracks
    and see if the phone picks off the audio from one of them and then work
    back from there to narrow down the one that it is.

Valentinos
    Participant

great mike tx . i too will chk the same

volounteer
    Participant

@Valentinos

did you assign what you want to hear to the usb out?

Valentinos
    Participant

@Volounteer
    yes i did

I assigned LR in stereo to all 24 channels alternately ie L & R
    and also only to 1 & 2 channel

but the Android is not receiving sound from USB connected to my QU16

volounteer
    Participant

@Valentinos
    then the problem is likely in your android drivers
    that is assuming you also have the sound sent correctly to the LR and have the faders up pafl set right yada yada and then to the usbout

people using pcs do not have a problem as drivers are available for those devices

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Do you have any recording apps on the the phone to see if that would see
    the mixer, try the voice memo recorder, both would not help your problem
    but just be more of test for connectivity.

I have not looked but are there any live streaming apps available that may allow
    for external input sources.

It is sounding more like a driver issue with Android.

Valentinos
    Participant

@Volounteer
    Thx for your suggestions

YES I have have the sound sent correctly to the LR and have the faders up pafl set right yada yada and then to the usbout
    YES I too Believe the problem is likely in your android drivers
    I have no problems on QU16 to PC people using pcs do not have a problem as drivers are available for those devices

@mike
    Thx for your advise

I have used on my Android a recording app OPEN CAMERA to Rec a Video with sound configured to come from USB connected to my QU16 and all USB channels assigned to LR
    BUT THE SOUND FAILED which means the SOUND SEND FROM QU16 USB is received by a windows Desktop but NOT BY AN ANDROID DEVICE

YES I AGREE It is sounding more like a driver issue with Android.

I have raised a TICKET to Allen & Heath Product Support 2 days back . I will cross my fingers wait for a reply

will share with you guys
    thx
    elvis

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.