Linking two SQ7's to two DX168's

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Linking two SQ7's to two DX168's

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ddff_lv ddff_lv 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Time stamp 27:11 they show linking two SQ’s to three DX168’s with the DX Hub and what appears to be a GigaACE card.

I need to link two SQ7’s to two DX168’s. So the question is, do I need two GigaACE cards, one for each console? And do I need the DX Hub since I’m only using two DX168’s or can I just cascade them?

Thanks for any help, I’ve got to get this bid in by mid week and need to have a parts list.

Profile photo of Jens-Droessler
    Jens-Droessler
    Participant

No. The video is practically “old news”. You can only connect the DX168s to ONE SQ, but you can connect the other SQ to the first one with the DXs. In the easiest case the first SQ (with the DXs attached) needs the upcoming SLink card, which is the same as the already built-in SLink port, so you have two of them. You connect the second SQs built-in SLink port to the cards SLink port in the first SQ. From the first SQ you can now route all channels to the cards SLink port, so the second SQ receives them. It might sound hard, but it isn’t.

Huge thanks for the info, that’s exactly what I needed to know.

Profile photo of Swell
    Swell
    Participant

Sounds like you need to purchase a SLink card for one of the consoles, right?

Profile photo of Yann
    Yann
    Participant

But the DX Hub can link consoles and stage boxes can’t it?

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

DX hub will connect up to eight DX168 to an SQ or dLive.

Profile photo of Jens-Droessler
    Jens-Droessler
    Participant

To ONE SQ or dLive, that is.

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Sure. For either you need a card to connect another desk- gigaAce or SLink.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.