Linking of Insert in Bus-Gang

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Linking of Insert in Bus-Gang

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jay Jay 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ThomasL
    ThomasL
    Participant

This may be an odd question to ask, but I’m not sure whether I missed something. When I got two separate Busses (L/R for example) and Gang them together, the settings on the Insert (most of the time the Dyn8 in the Main-Busses) are not linked and I didn’t find any option that could do that. Is there any button I didn’t see?

Profile photo of Loloverde
    Loloverde
    Participant

Howdy

If your L/R channels are combined (mixer config), you assign two linked Dyn8 to the insert. If they are individual you need too assign two single Dyn8 which are not linked.

Thats the logic with linked inserts. Stereo insert will be linked. Ganged mono channel/mixes not.

bye
    Rainer

Profile photo of Jens-Droessler
    Jens-Droessler
    Participant

That is the logic, but it shouldn’t be. In the ganging options there should be a button for the inserts too (AND ALSO GAINS!). It makes no sense, that anything will be controllable on one channel except those things.

Profile photo of ThomasL
    ThomasL
    Participant

I know about the logic behind it, but as I can gang all other parameters – why not the (internal) Inserts? Or – as in a lot of other desks – just link the two “machines” working in neigbouring busses?

Profile photo of Jay
    Jay
    Participant

Thomas,

Completely understand what you are wanting, but from an insert perspective (input or mix), all inserts are treated as “outboard” gear regardless of what it is, thus the gang options don’t have any effect on it. This is also why a “channel copy” doesn’t copy the Dyn8 settings (unless that was changed recently).

If it happens to be a stereo bus, you get a stereo Dyn8, which is implicitly linked internally. What I think you are looking for is the ability to link Dyn8’s independent of assignment. I would take it one step further to be able to link N Dyn8’s (mono or stereo) to all behave the same for those that run in a surround or non-stereo environment.

Jay

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.