Linking iLive into existing computer network to pick up streamrd audio

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive general discussions Linking iLive into existing computer network to pick up streamrd audio

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 1972nail
    1972nail
    Participant

I’m interested in trying to pick up the audio content from a video being streamed from a computer over Ethernet to a projector. At the minute I’m connection to the 3.5mm headphone jack and DI’ing it into the mixrack. There must be a better way, any suggestions? Can I pick it up directly from the network stream?

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

Even if you could decode audio and video separately, how would you ensure audio and video stay in sync? Best carry on decoding it at the PC and get yourself a better sound card if the 3.5mm connection lacks reliability or quality.

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

Have a look into Dante Via.

https://www.audinate.com/products/software/dante-via

Chris

Profile photo of 1972nail
    1972nail
    Participant

Thanks Chris,

Does this mean that if I fit a m-Dante card to my Mixrack and load up the software on the PC that’s providing the video stream that I can connect the two via a CAT 5 cable and pick up the streamed audio without any delay? What about linking the streaming laptop and the laptop using iLive Editor connected to the mixrack and using Dante Via on both laptops?

David

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

if you stream video over Ethernet the Dante audio part will not be synced to the video.
    Audio latency does not really matter because the video latency will kill your realtime performance.

There are several technologies available to send video over TCP/IP networks and have the audio in sync or embedded in the video.
    But all of these technologies are not compatible to the ilive. You will need converters.

HD-SDI or similiar protocols would help a lot.
    There are some embedder and de-embedder available for HD-SDI wich support AES3 or Dante.
    But most of the devices will not allow to send the stream over the network.
    HDbaseT is another way to go.

What is your goal? To have one cable from FOH to stage?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.