Link two AR2412

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD feature suggestions Link two AR2412

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of TobyDE TobyDE 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

If it’s possible please make a firmware update for the GLD to link a second AR2412 to the first AR2412!

I own a GLD as well as a Qu-16 and for both desks i would like to have a AR2412 (and not a AB168) so for a bigger event I could link the two AR2412 zogether and use them with my GLD!

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I will second that idea. No reason why 2 2412’s shouldn’t work. Or so it seems.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

So are you saying using 2 AR2412’s into a GLD?
    Isn’t the cat5 cable system limited to 40 channels?

eotsskleet
    Participant

Yes dhak 2 AR2412 into one GLD! (And not through the extender port onthedesk!)

Where did you read about the 40channel limitation? Network should be able to proceed more than this I guess

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Good on you for thinking outside the square!

I didn’t read any info about max channels being 40.
    Constructive gossip…. discussion that happened somewhere.
    How many channels does the ME1 handle?

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

ME does 40. So in that scenario it would be 24+24in. 12+12 out and 40 ME. Not sure that is possible but good food for thought.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

mmm
    So which is the A & H product that will fill the gap between the GLD and the new iLive or is it dLive?

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

should soon know. About 3 weeks.

eotsskleet
    Participant

I’m not asking for 48 input channels! The GLD CPU might be only able to process 44Channels but using a second AR2412 like the AB168 plugged into the extender slot of the main AR2412 to distribute the input slots!

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

YES YES YES
    Now I understand what you are asking.
    I asked for that 6-8 months ago with the QU series …
    all this gear & equipment. but just not quite organising it around the stage how us users would like to implement the stage boxes with distribution.
    Yup, I agree with you totally whether its with the GLD QU or whatever.

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

I’m not sure any sort of patching takes place within the ARs themselves. It would make more sense to do that back at the mixer, at a central point.

Profile photo of TobyDE
    TobyDE
    Participant

Yeah that would be great. I also have a Qu system and a GLD system and I want to avoid buying a AB168. I always use an AR2412 with the Qu and it would be nice if I could use a second AR2412 on the GLD instead of an AB168 on the extender port.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘GLD feature suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.