Link Stereo Mixouts to Master L&R Fader

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Link Stereo Mixouts to Master L&R Fader

This topic contains 24 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of AdrianSorlea
    AdrianSorlea
    Participant

Thank you Andreas and Dick Rees, i been reading instruction for a week but just could not figured this out, calling dpdan really made things verry clear and easy.
    I was going about it the wrong way thinking i can link all stereo outs to master fader and then just use master fader to increase or decrease volume on all mix-outs.
    This would have been nice but not possible for now, good idea for next firmware upgrade.

What Dan told me over the phone made sence right away, He said i have to create a master fader under custom layers and assign all wanted faders to it then use it as master fader for all 4 stereo outs: Master L&R, Mix-out5/6, 7/8, 9/10. There may be DCA setup info in user manual but not specific to this setup.
    Special thanks goes to dpdan, thank god there are still people like him around..!!

AdrianSorlea
    Participant

Thank you Andreas and Dick Rees, i been reading instruction for a week but just could not figured this out, calling dpdan really made things verry clear and easy.
    I was going about it the wrong way thinking i can link all stereo outs to master fader and then just use master fader to increase or decrease volume on all mix-outs.
    This would have been nice but not possible for now, good idea for next firmware upgrade.

What Dan told me over the phone made sence right away, He said i have to create a master fader under custom layers and assign all wanted faders to it then use it as master fader for all 4 stereo outs: Master L&R, Mix-out5/6, 7/8, 9/10. There may be DCA setup info in user manual but not specific to this setup.
    Special thanks goes to dpdan, thank god there are still people like him around..!!..

AdrianSorlea
    Participant

Special thanks goes to dpdan, thank god there are still people like him around..!! Tttttttt

AdrianSorlea
    Participant

So tired of smart remarks like yours. Get some metters would you..!! If you are not gonna help stay out of it, don’t post smart remarks like that..!!

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

If the drum mics were assigned to a group, the reverb relationship (dry/wet) would change and not be consistent,,, try it. You’ll never want to use a group again.

Just to come back on this point from page 1 – surely you route the FX return through the Group as well?…
    Then the FX wet/dry balance is preserved…

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

He is using L/R for mains, with 5-6, 7-8, and 9-10 for stereo delayed systems. He is using post fader on 5-6, 7-8 and 9-10 with all the faders set at 0 db and all set to post. This allows him the luxury of riding faders in the L/R mix and having all of those changes reflected in the three additional stereo outputs, and having separate delay settings.
    One DCA fader to raise and lower ALL the mains is nice, and a DCA is the only way to accomplish that.

An alternative, slightly hacky, method could be to use an analogue loop for all the delays.
    Since the delays are needed I assume that the additional couple of ms doesn’t matter.
    Run AltOut to ST1 – then the extra mixes only feed from ST1, and automagically get the LR fader to operate them as well (so the ‘natural’ fader works)

It does burn a stereo input though – which he may not have to spare…

AdrianSorlea
    Participant

HI XAPBob, i really need the ST1 & ST2 for Arranger and Synthesizer, can i use ST3 with an Y adapter cable from AltOut two left & Right TRS jacks to one mini stereo jack? if yes, how do i route mix: 5-6, 7-8, 9-10 to AltOut and have exact same sound/FX/Volume at different levels on all mixouts as the main LR master?

PS: About your first reply: Are you saying i need to Groups and NOT DCA in order to maintain drum miss FX the same when raising volume up and down?

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

Bob, routing the reverb to the DRUMS group with the drums mics would preserve the dry/wet balance, but that is not an option when that reverb has other instruments in it. If one of the reverbs could be used just for drums then yes, of course.
    Also, he needs a separate delay setting on EVERY mix.

Adrian,
    your last question is confusing, I’m not sure what you want to do with ST3.

AdrianSorlea
    Participant

Hi Dan, i just can’t thank you enough for all your help.
    PS: Sorry about the confusing question, i was just replying to Bob’b suggestion of alternative hack:
    Bob said:
    An alternative, slightly hacky, method could be to use an analogue loop for all the delays.
    Since the delays are needed I assume that the additional couple of ms doesn’t matter.
    Run AltOut to ST1 – then the extra mixes only feed from ST1, and automagically get the LR fader to operate them as well (so the ‘natural’ fader works)

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Each of the three stereo mixes would have just the ST3 input routed to them, since that would contain the full ‘Main’ signal. Then you only need tonadjust relative levels and delays.

Routing L&R to the alt out, means that the the mixes can only be supplying the exact same signal…

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.