Limiter on TB channel

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive feature suggestions Limiter on TB channel

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Wolfgang Wolfgang 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Midas has this. Handiest thing in the world, especially for IEMs. I would never use a TB to people on IEMs without inserting a limiter on the channel. I have to use up a regular channel just because the TB strip doesn’t have a simple limiter. It’s got EVERYTHING else, except that.
    I guess the designers were thinking of wedges when they made this. More people use IEMs now and it’s time to update…

Profile photo of perage
    perage
    Participant

Isn’t the TB strip a regular ch? I recently got my C3500 and took the last four ch (TB and S-1/2/3) and used them for wireless channels. Was that stupid?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Isn’t the TB strip a regular ch?

No.

Profile photo of mixJM
    mixJM
    Participant

+1 of course

Profile photo of mixJM
    mixJM
    Participant

My current workaround is to use FX 16 return as an input to Talkback bus (that’s surprisingly possible). I insert FX 16 on one of the input channels.

Profile photo of lightingman117
    lightingman117
    Participant

Hah, okay that is funny. Why not the ability to select an aux too?

Why not add PEQ while we’re at it?

But in all seriousness, it would be nice to add the TB to the IO page that way we can get IP-DO & Busses into the TB input. [if possible]

Just realized this is a 161×64 engine once you include the TB.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Hah, okay that is funny. Why not the ability to select an aux too?

Why not add PEQ while we’re at it?

What are you talking about? Of course you can select the aux.
    TB has everything needed except a limiter.

Profile photo of mixJM
    mixJM
    Participant

Using an aux or a group has been another workaround on a couple of occasions.
    Limiting talkback mic is essential in protecting healthy talkback level for musicians and providing communication comfort in IEM workflows.
    There’s nothing funny about it.
    Behringer Wing has it resolved in a simple but effective way – regular channel is being used as a talkback source.

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

i would also like a limit option here. alternatively, the option to select one of the 128 channels instead of socket.

the workaround over an FX is of course awkward, but great: you could even use a multiband compressor 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.