Limit channels being recorded

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions Limit channels being recorded

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of LKY LKY 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of bobcat
    bobcat
    Participant

If only 6 input channels are being used, why do you need to record all 18 channels?
    In the Output Patch-USB Audio window, only channels designated something other than “x” should be recorded to the hard drive.

Profile photo of Mitch
    Mitch
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Similarly if there are only 8 channels in the directory then just play back 8 channels, there should be no need to duplicate the files to get to the point where you have 18.

You could even play back “interspersed” tracks (so if I have a track 1,3,5,6,7 recorded then play those back on those channels (and I’ll have live inputs on 2,4 and 8+

Profile photo of Hawk
    Hawk
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Great idea!

Profile photo of LKY
    LKY
    Participant

Well,

I don’t use internal recording much, but that would be great!

In fact making it a more functional recorder all around may make me use it more often…

Say, playback some channels and allow recording on others…via who is selected in the USB button like the daw recording…Now you’ve got a very powerful tool for sure…much more than a live sound check or live recorder, studio work can easily be done without the need for a computer during recording…

Also allow tracks to be moved through…would need a new screen…but it’s just a file rename…

LKY

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.