Light bar can be used as an operation reminder

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Light bar can be used as an operation reminder

This topic contains 14 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of New2SQ New2SQ 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Samuel
    Samuel
    Participant

when press a ‘MIX’ key, fader will change to ‘send mode’. Need a prompt here for novices necessary.
    for example,the light bar can flash or change colour balance

Profile photo of AudioGuy
    AudioGuy
    Participant

Changing color ist a great idea +1

Profile photo of TonmeisterDaniel
    TonmeisterDaniel
    Participant

Like the idea +1

Profile photo of Bob
    Bob
    Participant

Another approach would be to have the Mix buttons, and also the FX buttons, blink when selected.

On several occasions I mistakenly thought I was mixing FOH when I had actually selected a Mix. Arrrrr ….

Our X32 neighbors have a blinking Sends-On-Fader button to remind them.

Profile photo of JeroenAudio
    JeroenAudio
    Participant

I don’t support the idea of colour changes of the light bar as this will be very disturbing for people surrounding the FOH position in a (dark) theatre.

Profile photo of oppentrapp
    oppentrapp
    Participant

Yes please +1!
    Happened to me the other day, I thought I was mixing LR, but instead I was mixing in Mix 1 for like 15 minutes.

Profile photo of Yann
    Yann
    Participant

+1 Yes!! And in the menu you can choose which colour for LR, Aux or Group. Just like we can choose chromatic meter colours. Guessing its RGB so any colour is possible.

Profile photo of David
    David
    Participant

+1 Like it too.

Profile photo of Knacker
    Knacker
    Participant

I would prefere to change a Colour in the Screen or the Fader Displays … but not the light bar.
    Yesterday I noticed, that the colour of the Faders change in the SQ App, when one of the Mix or FX Buttons is selected.
    That also helps, now with the App Follows mixer option

Profile photo of Michael
    Michael
    Participant

+1 I like that idea. For some events it could be distracting, but I’d like the option.

Profile photo of AREA51
    AREA51
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of tourtelot
    tourtelot
    Participant

As someone who is pretty new to digital panels and who don’t use them every day, I see layer and mix toggles as a super-trap. I would be that guy happily mixing FOH for minutes and wondering the whole time where the guitar went. 🙂

Lots of good ideas here; I like the different color touch-screen idea a lot, but even a flashing mix or level button when not on the MainLR bus would help. But definitely something to let newbies like me know that we aren’t on the MainLR bus.

Doug

Profile photo of trusted-tones
    trusted-tones
    Participant

1+

Profile photo of zeligonline
    zeligonline
    Participant

+ 1

Profile photo of New2SQ
    New2SQ
    Participant

I have seen this post before, and have also made the same mistake. I noticed the other day that the currently selected mix is displayed at the bottom of the processing screen, though almost unnoticeable if not looking for it. And, obviously, you might not always be on the processing screen. So I had the idea that maybe it could be displayed between the “Next Scene:” and “S-Link” at the top of the screen, with name and color of the mix. I guess it would need a label as well, like “Current Mix:” or something like that. I’m not a fan of the blinking LED, or light bar color change, but a more obvious indication would be nice for us non-pros.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.