Library Presets for Insert Patching

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Library Presets for Insert Patching

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Carl N Carl N 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Carl N
    Carl N
    Participant

It would be extremely useful if I could save the patching for an insert… for example, I have two compressors that I use as analogue inserts, usually for vox… but when I want to move the inserted compressor to another channel, I have to unassign, and then patch the whole thing again, remembering which in and out I’m using for that compressor… If I could save an insert patch and call it “Compressor A” I could then load that patch quickly on any channel, very helpful mid-gig between bands.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

build a setup for the bands
    save it as a scene

or store some setups for the patch in scenes and block everything else from recall

the library way would imply that all other patch points are going to the state saved in that preset
    no matter if they are changed or not, but if they are changed…
    the desk could have no information what is relevant to your new patching situation and what is not
    and a library preset would save the entire patching, otherwise it will lead to different presets but on what base?
    Input? Output?
    the insert is no valuable base in this case,
    since the DEEP processing and the FX engines are not fully part of the I/O patch screens

Profile photo of Carl N
    Carl N
    Participant

Thanks Stefan but that doesn’t really address my usage case at all. I use analog comps on inserts, always connected to the same physical I/O, but need to be able to quickly patch them to different channels. Maybe a different vocal that I wasn’t told about for a song or two, or an acoustic guitar for a support act, or whatever… But it is very tedious to repatch the whole thing from scratch. On a Soundcraft Si for example you setup an insert, and then assign that insert to any channel, which can be done very quickly. That solution would not be practical on an SQ but being able to load up an insert patching that was previously saved would be extremely useful.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

the SQ works just different than the Soundcraft
    so there is no mother way

Profile photo of Carl N
    Carl N
    Participant

Of course it does, it’s a different desk from an entirely different manufacturer. Hence my feature request for alternative ways to achieve the desired result, along with a suggestion for how it might be implementable.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.