Library preset names not transfered to scribble strip

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Library preset names not transfered to scribble strip

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KeithJ A&H KeithJ A&H 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Spike
    Spike
    Participant

When I save channels to the user library, example (Kick), when I load the preset into ch.1
    the title and color is not entered on the scribble strip. This should be included along with the
    preamp settings. Also when copy and paste is used no title and color is copied to the scribble strip.
    This makes setting up new layers time consuming by having to title every channel again. Coming from
    the Midas M32 this one of the most missed features.

Profile photo of New2SQ
    New2SQ
    Participant

Yes please!

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Oh well…
    if you have a guitar preset and you have 4 guitars they all become the same name…
    if you have a preset for a microphone (SM58) all channels are named with the microphone…

maybe it’s better to use scenes for names and colors

SteffenR
    Participant

This makes setting up new layers time consuming by having to title every channel again. Coming from
    the Midas M32 this one of the most missed features.

the labeling on the X/M32 is horrible… but the naming on the SQ has nothing to do with the layers

if you have a naming sheme than you can save this in a scene and even your layer configuration is storeable in scenes

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

First of all, on the X/M32 you can use Naming and Icon presets for the most frequent Instruments. Only special naming might be a problem. But using a remoting app will also speed up this process. But you are right, the “text editor” of the X/M32 is really bad.

What I am missing on the SQ are the Naming Presets like we have it on GLD/dLIve even when 15 presets is quite less. I would prefer that the lower row of seven buttons represents naming groups and the upper eight buttons the names stored in the group. Or something like that. I am working with different groups with different sets of instruments (Rock, Jazz, World, classic….) and when I prefill it with the overall standards, I miss the genre specific standards.
    I also miss the layout of the naming dialog of the dLive where the colors and the Keyboard is concurrently on the screen. And on the SQ I have to confirm the color change while on the dLive the color is changed when I select the new color. So, for me also here is a lot of room for improvements.

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

But with the new version 1.4 this problem is not that important for me because now I can use my recording notebook even in live situation to change the color and the names easily.

SteffenR
    Participant

is a lot of room for improvements.

indeed it is
    naming presets would help a lot and the dLive way is not the best…

Profile photo of New2SQ
    New2SQ
    Participant

It should be an optional save setting, so if I want to save the scribble strip, I can.

Profile photo of Coronos
    Coronos
    Participant

@ New2SQ, I would change that to, “It should be an optional *recall* setting, so if I want to recall the scribble strip, I can.”

That leaves your options open.

Profile photo of New2SQ
    New2SQ
    Participant

“It should be an optional *recall* setting, so if I want to recall the scribble strip, I can.”

Perfectly said!

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi guys,

The ability with V1.4 to name using MixPad on multiple platforms is indeed great, but nobody here seems to have checked the channel libraries… (Press library in processing bank view).

Cheers,
    Keith.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.