less output than other boards

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions less output than other boards

This topic contains 15 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Sala Téllez Sala Téllez 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Sala Téllez
    Sala Téllez
    Participant

I compared my QU-16 directly with a Yamaha MGP16X using all similar settings for gain etc and the Yamaha has way louder output to the mains… AND the monitors, Especially the monitors I must say. Where I’m maxed to get presence in the monitors with the QU-16 I’m at about 25% with the Yamaha. It’s nice to see on these postings some legitimate reasoning centered around the meters. I think the A&E Digital environment has a cleaner and more transparent signal than the analog Yamaha which may lend to less energy being translated to the outputs, as well. Just having a sweepable high-pass on the vocals puts me in a position to cut out a lot more unwanted energy from a vocal input than hard-set 100HZ high-pass on the Yamaha. I wouldn’t give up the detail and finesse of the QU-16 for the stronger signal of the (otherwise limited) Yamaha, but it does hurt my feelings a bit when I hear how much energy I’m inherently lacking from say the kick drum. The live recordings off the QU-16 are amazing, and all the energy is there… I think this thread has helped displace some of the anxiety about pushing things harder to get there.
    https://soundcloud.com/user-736489290

Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.