LCR Blend Control

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis feature suggestions LCR Blend Control

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nicola A&H Nicola A&H 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Chris Irwin
    Chris Irwin
    Participant

I would like to see the option for a “blend” control on the LCR bus.

The current limitation of panning center only going to the center speaker and no percentage to LR is problematic for an install I would like to put this console. The church has an LCR speaker system and currently uses an old M7CL that has this feature.

Profile photo of Craig
    Craig
    Participant

Yes please!

At first glance the 5 options for output settings look nice. But the limitation of Center Panning ONLY to the Mono output (instead of proportional to LR) is a big limiter. If A&H has the tech already for this, please bring this feature down to the Avantis model!

Profile photo of Keule
    Keule
    Participant

You could use the matrixes, cause every input can be routed to a matrix, so you probably can build every output constalation, but it takes its time and is just a workarround…

Similar to the lcr, the lr+sub is a bit harsh limitaded too. You can only enable or disable the sub channel, you can’t level the output to the subs. Even the M32 has this feat, and it would be just an option on the custom potty knobs (next to pan, gain, and send to)

Greetings

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

You can only enable or disable the sub channel, you can’t level the output to the subs. Even the M32 has this feat, and it would be just an option on the custom potty knobs (next to pan, gain, and send to)

feel free to use an extra aux bus for this

Profile photo of kilroy68
    kilroy68
    Participant

“feel free to use an extra aux bus for this” is not a good answer. This is available on the 10 year odl ilive we came from, and this is an reasonable software upgrade. +1 on request for separate level for the M output when in LR+M mode.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Reference manual

3. Main – Select one of 5 modes of Main mix:
    • None - No Main mix, for example dedicated monitor mixing with a large number of Aux mixes.
    • LR - Standard stereo Main mix.
    • LR+Msum - A stereo Main mix with additional output which is the mono sum of the pre-fade, pre-processed LR mix. For example to feed a mono delay speaker or zone.
    • LR+M - A 3-way main mix with independent stereo LR and mono M busses. Channels can be separately assigned to any combination of LR and M. Typical application for M is main centre speaker, mono PA or bus-fed sub bass.
    • LCR – A 3-way main mix with LCR panning. Each channel can be panned from left, through centre to right. At mid pan, full signal is fed to M and none to L and R. Stereo channels feed the LR mix only.

4. Main Fader Strips – The Main LR mix can be presented as a single, Combined fader strip or as two Individual fader strips. When ganged, all processing for LR including delays is linked. A Balance control is provided to adjust the relative Left and Right level.
    Press Apply to confirm the changes. All current settings other than the bus configuration will stay in place.

since the mono outs are buses they have no send level control
    that’s the same on the X/M-32, there is the mono out a bus like in the Avantis

I can’t check it on the console but on dlive you get 3 strips for LCR, LR+Msum, LR+M if you set the main to separate strips

if you need a send level per channel then the aux is exactly what this is doing, no matter what label it has
    since you can gang outputs as well you can control left right and the desired aux together

This is available on the 10 year odl ilive we came from

I don’t remember that, and I don’t miss this since there are enough aux buses on my dLive

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

LCR+ has been requested before and it’s something high on our list for both Avantis and dLive. On dLive, you can also use the 5.1 mode which gives you a Divergence control for the front triplet, very similar to the ‘blend’ control in LCR+.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.