Layer specific mute?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Layer specific mute?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of JasonF JasonF 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of JasonF
    JasonF
    Participant

first time poster…..

We have an sq5. Our worship team will sometimes practice until 5 minutes before the service. We start our livestream 15 minutes before the service.

Our livestream is on mix1. I’d like to be able to leave our faders on mix1 where they are in sound check so we’re ready to go when the service starts, but can’t if the team is still practicing. Is there a way to perform mutes on those channels on that layer only so I can play the pre service music?

Extra points for assigning the action to a softkey.

For those wondering why this is just now an issue, we didn’t have our own building before COVID, so this Sunday was the first Sunday in our new building with all our new equipment.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Do you have a spare matrix to use for the livestream?

Profile photo of JasonF
    JasonF
    Participant

By matrix do you mean mix? If so we already use mix 1 for livestream and LR for FOH.

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@JasonE

matrix is not mix.
    but also useful way to use to send to the livestream
    look at the nice block diagram in the documentation carefully for other ways to fix taht ‘problem’

we set our livestream levels on the board (we use another unused mix when we started streaming and used matrix earlier when it was recorded video) and then forget the faders.
    all stream level changes are done through the pc software and the audio interface, the pc is also adding video to the livestream then doing its magic to format it right and then sending it off through the net and also to the radio

do you have another mix if not a matrix? use two of them and just switch them when the live stream starts
    does the practice need the same mix? use another mix for them or dont use any mix for the last 15 min of the practice
    or start practice earlier and stop at at the time the livestream starts

Profile photo of JasonF
    JasonF
    Participant

Thanks, I’ll research matrixes.

Profile photo of JasonF
    JasonF
    Participant

I got it working. Thanks for the help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.