Latency , met Dante vs XLR

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Latency , met Dante vs XLR

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nicola A&H Nicola A&H 9 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of peterzoetermeer
    peterzoetermeer
    Participant

Hi, I have a microphone with dante the “Sennheiser digital 6000” I have a system latency with it, of 3 ms that is not very much but in the mixer there is some latency, I connect this to the xlr in my sq5, now I consider dante saves a conversion loss again, does it make sense to connect my microphone to dante? would this make a difference in latency and or in an advantage of conversion loss? or would it make little sense?

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Peter,

All digital wireless systems will exhibit some latency, even before hitting the Dante network. That said, Dante transport latency is typically higher than a DAC/ADC combination, but if you wish to keep your signal chain digital to avoid multiple conversions, you can experiment with the latency setting for the SQ Dante card in Dante Controller. This can be reduced to 250ns I believe (from the default 1ms) provided you have a direct connection from the Sennheiser receiver to the mixer.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.