Latency

This topic contains 14 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 7 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of emptyone
    emptyone
    Participant

How will the latency be through the desk when you add for example FX and compressor to a channel?

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Channel-based DEEP processing models (compressors, GEQ and more) won’t add any latency to the channel path. DEEP ’embedded plugins’ are available on all channels on the fly.
    Inserting a RackFX from the FX rack (such as a pitch shifter or transient controller) will add latency dependent on the FX type.

Inputs and groups are all delay compensated and phase coherent to the Mix Outputs.

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

Is that already the same in iLive and GLD with the inputs being delay compensated and phase coherent to the Mix Outputs?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

it depends…

Profile photo of papromike
    papromike
    Participant

The latency is so low that it is a non-topic at this stage, The new FPGA processors are so fast that the system latency is under

.6ms

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

6 or 0.6 ?

ddff

Profile photo of emptyone
    emptyone
    Participant

The latency is 0,58ms to be accurate. But 0,6ms is used be many including A&H

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

That is impressive indeed.

ddff

Profile photo of ahjeff
    ahjeff

Is that already the same in iLive and GLD with the inputs being delay compensated and phase coherent to the Mix Outputs?

No, iLive and GLD have phase coherent busses, in that, for example, an input mixed to two groups will have the same phase in both. If you mix these two groups to a main, you should not have any comb filtering. However, if you mix an input to a main and to a group, then mix the group into the main as well, you could experience comb filtering.

In dLive, everything except the FX is delay compensated. You should not experience any comb filtering no matter what combination of mixes and inputs you have feeding another mix. The only exception is that if you have a signal mixed post delay, with the delay not set to zero, this manually added delay will not be compensated for.

[Edit] Please also refer to this knowledgebase article: https://support.allen-heath.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/1202/0/what-are-phase-coherent-mixes

Hope this helps

– Jeff, A&H

SteffenR
    Participant

The only exception is that if you have a signal mixed post delay, with the delay not set to zero, this manually added delay will not be compensated for.

I would expect exactly these… 😀

Profile photo of tor
    tor
    Participant

can anyone here tell me approximately what latency I should expect if had a bunch of input connected to DM48 routed via Tielines to MADI Slot card (to a digico SD8), and the MADI returns routed via tielines directly to the outputs of the DM48? Any documentation on these sort of things anywhere?

SteffenR
    Participant

there is a technical data sheet where some latency scenarios described…

I will try to find it

SteffenR
    Participant

Latency 0.7 ms (MixRack XLR in to XLR out, Input to Mix)
    + 5 samples, Surface to Mixrack (GigaACE hop)
    + 8 samples, DX32 to Mixrack (DX hop)

Samplerate is 96kHz

Profile photo of tor
    tor
    Participant

Yeah, I was looking for the Tieline functionality, which is not subject to processing… So should be lower I would assume…?

SteffenR
    Participant

it is lower
    converter latency plus GigaACE hop

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.