Laggy GUI

Tagged: 

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Crwoo Crwoo 1 week ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of brtkstn
    brtkstn
    Participant

Hello, this is my first post here. I own Avantis since June this year and find it as a great mixer. However i noticed that in live situation, when i need to fast change parameters, sometimes GUI is laggy and delayed. I know there are many things going in that box.

My firmware is 1.21.

Are you experiencing same behavior? Or is it something on my side?

Profile photo of Yvo
    Yvo
    Participant

It depends on what you mean.

There’s normal laggy: like swapping between the banks for the first time after recalling a session. After you’ve gone through all of the banks/layers, you’ll see the gui updates quicker when you go to those banks again.

There’s abnormal laggy: I’ve had crazy stuff happening. Like multiple second of delay, members of mute groups changing very slowly before my eyes (probably because it took several seconds to catch up to the mute group I had navigated to).
    In my case this was probably due to a hardware issue which should be repaired now.
    I haven’t got enough hours of stress test on it since the repair to know if it succeeded.

In short, she GUI normally is not always as snappy as I’d like, but it’s usually doable. It can manage to just about keep up with me.
    When it’s not doable, and really slowing you down, something’s either wrong with the desk, or it’s fine but simply the wrong desk for you.
    Both options are possible, but if the GUI is really laggy at times, you might have a hardware issue causing that.

Profile photo of brtkstn
    brtkstn
    Participant

Thank you for your answer. Would you be so kind and check for me is that a “normal” or “abnormal” lag?

https://youtu.be/YLe521aq8fQ

That lag happens every 10 seconds (checked with stopwatch).

Profile photo of apullinger
    apullinger
    Participant

Hi, Thanks for posting this video! This happens to me all the time, and drives me completely nuts! When I select something, I should have to check it’s actually done it. I end up changing settings on the wrong channel whilst it catches up.

I’ve also noticed that when it gets stuck it queues the next touches and tries to select the following channels in sequence. This is bad behaviour! (I often select through sequences of channels to compare settings, and this erratic behaviour makes this very difficult.

SQ’s never do this. The GLD also didn’t. This feels like going back to iLive interface performance.

Profile photo of brtkstn
    brtkstn
    Participant

Hi, thank you for your answer. I really hope it is a software, not a hardware issue and it will be fixed in someday firmware update. Maybe it is some kind of process that interrupt workflow in 10 seconds intervals. A&H need to know about that issue, so i’m asking everyone for checking it on your side. I hope also that someone from A&H reads forum 😉 Regards.

Profile photo of Yvo
    Yvo
    Participant

That obviously shouldn’t be normal behaviour.
    It looks to me like the interface is being slowed down by something.

I suggest you start a support ticket if you haven’t already.
    I will see if I can reproduce this on our board when I have some spare seconds.

Profile photo of DanielTerraform
    DanielTerraform
    Participant

Has anyone experienced less or none of the laggy GUI issue with recent firmware updates? And what about the Avantis solo? Here’s hoping it is completely fixed.
    Thanks

Profile photo of Galious
    Galious
    Participant

This looks like normal behaviour.

I did experience some MAJOR lag though, when the desk is in Autotracking mode for Scene updates. I believe I was going through routing pages for master/MTX faders.
    It took seconds to retrieve the required data for those pages.

I’m on 1.3.

Profile photo of Stijn
    Stijn
    Participant

On my avantis full size running FW 1.3 this also happens frequently. So you could define it as normal behaviour, but it should not be like this. It’s really annoying and feels unstable.
    Let’s hope that it can be fixed with firmware..

Profile photo of Crwoo
    Crwoo
    Participant

Do you have IP controllers connected to it? I have seen it in the past where those can cause what you described. Rebooting the ip controllers solved it for me.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.