Lag / Dropouts when storing Show on SQ5

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting Lag / Dropouts when storing Show on SQ5

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KeithJ A&H KeithJ A&H 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Sethlein
    Sethlein
    Participant

Hi Guys,
    we mentioned on our last festival when storing a show on our SQ5, we got some dropouts for less than one second, but it’s hearable. mostly it was only background music, so nobody noticed – but when storing while playing the bands, i don’t want to think about that..

If necessary i will do a short video, firmware is version 1.41 – i didn’t have enough time to upgrade. Or is it fixed with the updates? Then i will return my support request 🙂

Kind regards
    Cheers Max

Sethlein
    Participant

Nobody mentioned the issue?

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi Max,

If you are storing a show via SQ-Drive and playing background music via USB-B, then yes, the music will be interrupted.
    This is because the SQ-Drive and USB-B share the same internal hardware.
    When you store a show with USB-B enabled, you will see a pop-up to explain this is going to happen, so you don’t interrupt audio immediately!

If it’s the other way around and you are sending a show to the SQ, then you will be re-configuring the core, which will interrupt audio as this requires the core to be rebooted.

Storing a show whilst a band is playing or the show is in progress is not as common as storing a scene (which would cause no audio interruption at all). Saying that, storing a show will only interrupt control and USB audio as above, so even then it’s only background music you’d need to consider, and as the background music is presumably not playing whilst the band is – there should be no issue here either.

Cheers,
    Keith.

Sethlein
    Participant

Hi Keith,

thank you very much for your reply. I will recheck it again this weekend, music is not played via usb, it’s via ST-3 input mini jack. The USb is for saving scenes and shows only 🙂
    So i will check and when it happens again, i will do a short video.

Sorry for the circumstances, have a nice weekend.

Cheers Max

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi Max,

Thank you, a video would be really useful!
    Please send through to us using support.allen-heath.com 🙂

Have a great weekend!

Cheers,
    Keith.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.