Labeling sockets

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD feature suggestions Labeling sockets

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Leon BigEars A&H Leon BigEars A&H 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of lithiumfun
    lithiumfun
    Participant

When we run shows, I typically get my input channels set up beforehand and patch them in after the band sets up. With the ports from our dSnake plugged into ports all over the stage it would help to be able to label these sockets in the patch window. So I could patch front pocket 1 to bass as opposed to 27 to bass. Would make jobs for volunteers easier as well.
    Also, the labeling for inputs is a little unconventional; usually this would be known as a channel, and what are currently called sockets are typically inputs. This was the biggest roadblock when I started. This may be a cultural thing as well, maybe this is different in parts of the world that aren’t the US.

Profile photo of Leon BigEars A&H
    Leon BigEars A&H

Hi lithiumfun
    Start off by naming the DSP ‘input’ channels of the GLD mixer e.g. channel 1 = ‘Kick’, channel 12 = ‘keysL’ etc
    remember you do not have to display the input channels in numerical sequence across the GLD surface, they can be arranged by drag n drop however you want on a song by song basis if needed (using scenes)
    physical sockets are then patched to each input, either singly or in a range. on a standard setup these would probably be the XLR inputs on the AudioRack on stage, but of course a source for a channel could equally be a socket on the rear of the mixer, a digital input from the multi-channel I/O option card, an FX return, USB, or a Mix etc [all selected from the input patchbay].
    example: if physical XLR socket named IP23 on the AR2412 is where you want to plug the bass guitar into and label it accordingly, then highlight that socket on the I/O screen, then select input channels on the drop-down list and dial through them using the rotary until you get to the ‘bass’ and apply. That socket [23] is now labelled bass on screen and you can go ahead and put a market on the stage box. The ‘input channel’ for the bass may be completely different [e.g. ch 7]

I hope this helps?
    With iLive and GLD it is important to realise that a channel strip [inc an ‘input’] has has a patch-bay at the front end not necessarily a dedicated socket like an analogue console has.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘GLD feature suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.