Labeling Midi Faders

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Labeling Midi Faders

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Maxdrums Maxdrums 3 years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Michael
    Michael
    Participant

I’m trying to label my midi faders and it isn’t working, at least when I try to the way input channels are labelled, by pressing the name of the channel in the top left corner of the screen. If there isn’t a work around for this, then I need to request this as it is going to be a major challenge remembering what my midi faders are assigned to. In my case, I’m not using them like Midi CH 1 = DAW fader 1, I’m looking to do something different. Thanks

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Michael,

Unfortunately it’s not possible to rename a MIDI channel through the console, but this has been requested previously and may be looked at for a future firmware.

Thanks!
    Alex

Profile photo of Michael
    Michael
    Participant

Thanks for your response Alex. The SQ having midi faders and buttons was one of the important selling points for us choosing it. As I’m sure you can imagine, not having proper labeling will create challenges, but I really hope that is something that will be fixed in an update. Thank you for the consideration.

Profile photo of jdugger
    jdugger
    Participant

I like my SQ-6, so I say this with some “tough love”.

The desk is useless as a DAW controller. Missing the concept of bank shift, dynamic scribble strips, high-res (not 127 steps!) fader position, etc.

It could be really good. A layer could be dedicated to DAW control and provide features akin to something like a combination of an MC Control, MC Mix and MC Transport. I moved off that equipment when I got my SQ-6 and downsized my project room.

From a DAW control perspective, the SQ-6 is a huge miss, especially compared to something like the Euphonix stuff. So, I’m back to the keyboard and mouse for now.

Profile photo of Michael
    Michael
    Participant

This was one of the features I was really hoping to see added in the 1.4 update. Please keep this on the list as I think labeling midi faders is critical to their usefulness on an SQ-5 with the smaller surface. Every time we bank around, we have to try and remember which midi fader is assigned to what and hope to not make a critical mistake by moving the wrong fader.

Profile photo of William
    William
    Participant

+1 color too

Profile photo of Michael
    Michael
    Participant

We still very badly need this basic rename function. Good old fashioned console tape doesn’t work well on a multi layer digital console

Profile photo of vinz
    vinz
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of ScottM
    ScottM
    Participant

me too… really need to be able to label MIDI faders.

Profile photo of Maxdrums
    Maxdrums
    Participant

+1

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.