L/R to Mix Send & Stereo 1 to a channel

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions L/R to Mix Send & Stereo 1 to a channel

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dan Dan 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Participant

Hi there, I’m fairly new at using digital desks and I am getting the hang of my brilliant QU16. I have 2 questions for you fine people out there:

1. How do I send a front of house signal (L&R) to one of the mix sends (1,2,3 or 4)? There are 2 reasons I need to do this.

2. How do I send the Stereo 1 signal to a channel on the desk? It would life easy to control it all from the channels rather than jumping back and forth between the layers and channels.

Greatly appreciate any help, thank you!

Dan

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Hi Dan

You can’t send L&R to a mix. What you could do is make a mix post fade and put all channel sends at unity, which would then make that mix the same as L&R.

You also can’t patch a Stereo I put to any of the mono channels. You could use 2 mono channels and link them to get it on the same layer, or set up the channels you want in the custom layer.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

1. How do I send a front of house signal (L&R) to one of the mix sends (1,2,3 or 4)? There are 2 reasons I need to do this.

as Mark suggested there is only a work around… but there is another one… send the ALT out to a stereo input back in…

2. How do I send the Stereo 1 signal to a channel on the desk? It would life easy to control it all from the channels rather than jumping back and forth between the layers and channels.

you can build your own layer with the signals you need (up to 16 strips)

Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Participant

Thanks guys, any other help you could give me on how to actually do this would be appreciated or if you could point me in the right direction. Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.