Keyboard modifications

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Keyboard modifications

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of lightingman117 lightingman117 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Coronos
    Coronos
    Participant

A few small changes on the keyboard would make it quicker to use:

1. Allow double-tapping the shift key to engage caps-lock.
    2. Add cursor left/right arrow keys, and/or allow tapping on the text to position the cursor.
    3. When the keyboard is opened or a new channel is selected while the keyboard is open, have the text already highlighted so we don’t have to backspace over the placeholder text before naming the channel.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi Coronos,

We will be looking into what improvements are possible to the keyboard pop-up, so these are noted.
    But I wanted to quickly point out that caps-lock is already there, just hold the ‘^’ (shift) key to engage.

Cheers!
    Keith.

Profile photo of Coronos
    Coronos
    Participant

Thanks, Keith. I know I can hold the shift key to activate it, but I often double-tap it first, because that’s what I’m used to doing on my phone. I don’t see why both couldn’t be implemented simultaneously.

Profile photo of lightingman117
    lightingman117
    Participant

I’d like to point out that the cancel button could be removed. There is the x (close) in the top right corner so it makes it redundant.

Also, I’ve watched someone try to hit the shift button and hit the cancel by accident, repeatedly (3-4 times). At the time I thought it was silly, but I’ve also found myself hitting it accidentally when trying to access the other keys near to it.

Making the cancel a left/right arrow key might kill two birds with one stone.

The x would still focus as an close without saving changes or close with saved changes depending upon if the “apply” button was pressed.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.