Key unassigned

Forums Forums ME Forums ME troubleshooting Key unassigned

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Thad Thad 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ian Fisher
    Ian Fisher
    Participant

Illuminati

Currently involved in a panto with 8 ME-1’s into an ME-U into an ilive mixrack port B. Been running along very happily for more than 2 weeks now but on boot up last night 4 of the box’s did not recall the config correctly. Several of the keys were showing key unassigned where previously they were assigned. A quick reinstall the config from my original USB solved the problem. Now all ok again but why should they have dropped some of the assignments? Any thought’s.

Ian

Profile photo of Thad
    Thad
    Participant

I’ve been having a similar issue where a couple of ME-1 keys periodically become unassigned and display the “Key Unassigned” message, and I want to share what the issue was for me in case it can help someone else.

Background: If you create a stereo pair of processing channels in the mixer, and you want to patch that stereo pair to the ME-1 network, then you need to set up the mixer patching to the ME-1 network in the I/O tab so that those two inputs are patched as a stereo pair. Otherwise, the ME-1s will only receive one half of the stereo pair. You do this by tapping on the channel numbers on the X axis (horizontal axis) in the I/O screen on the mixer (at least this is how it works with an SQ or Avantis). A pop-up window appears allowing you to patch two inputs as a stereo pair.

Okay, so, once you’ve made a stereo pair available on the ME-1 network, then you can assign that pair to a single key on an ME-1 mixer. Everything is good until you recall a scene in the mixer where the stereo pair is not patched as a stereo pair on the mixer’s I/O screen. If the ME-1 has a key that is assigned to a stereo pair, but the mixer is no longer providing that stereo pair to the ME-1 network, then the ME-1 key will become unassigned, and it won’t reassign itself even after the stereo pair is available again.

A firmware update to the mixer is one time where the mixer will load a scene that does not include any stereo patching on the I/O tab for the ME-1. Additionally, if you have any scenes in your mixer that don’t include your stereo patching to the ME-1s, loading any of those scenes will cause the stereo pairs to become unassigned on the ME-1s even after you’ve returned to a scene with the correct patching of stereo pairs to the ME-1s.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.