Kemper and ME500 NO CONTROL

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting Kemper and ME500 NO CONTROL

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KeithJ A&H KeithJ A&H 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jetspeed
    Jetspeed
    Participant

I am running an SQ5 to an AB168 and out of the AB168 to an ME500. I have guitar on iP5 using a Kemper Profiler. I’m coming out of the Kemper with and XLR and into iP5.

The problem is I have no control of the guitar volume on the ME500. I have the volume for channel 5 on the ME500 all the way down and can still hear the guitar. I have the routing on the SQ5 I/O set up exactly the same as on other channels going to the ME500 and all the other channels on the ME500 have full volume control.

I have looked at everything I know to do. Pad on the input of iP5 etc.

Please help.

Thank you.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@jetspeed

Have you tried muting all other inputs/keys on the ME-500, so you can be sure it’s only the routing of Ip5?
    Check also that you’re not double patched anywhere – either AB168 input socket 5 to another Ip channel, or the direct output (if that’s what you’re using) from Ip Ch5 on the SQ to multiple ME channels.
    One other thing is that the ME-500 will pick up the first 16 stereo or mono channels and automatically assign them to the 16 keys, so if you have any stereo channels or gaps patched before Ip5, you could end up with Ip5 on key 4 or even 3.

If you’re still having issues, you can always contact us directly using https://support.allen-heath.com

Thanks,
    Keith.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.