Keep Mixer config when changing scenes

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Keep Mixer config when changing scenes

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of tourtelot tourtelot 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Kirky
    Kirky
    Participant

Hi there,

I recently got an SQ5 and I’m mixing two bands with it, so two very different setups.
    Now lets say in band nr.1 I need to link Ip1 and Ip2. I do this in the Mixer Config Menu and make them to a single stereo channel. I save the scene.
    Then when I recall the other bands scene, suddenly in this scene Ip1 and Ip2 are also linked to a stereo channel… Is there any way to keep the mixer config settings saved with the scene? Atm I have to always relink and unlink certain channels when switching between scenes, which is a catastrophe waiting to happen and a PITA.

Thanks for your help!

Profile photo of Kirky
    Kirky
    Participant

Alright, found it in the manual. You can’t save it in scenes, only in shows.

Which means I have to carry a USB stick with me all the time with both shows on. And if I loose that USB I’m basically fucked, because who makes backups after every show onto a second usb. Tbh, I think this is a major drawback for the SQ series. If ganging is the only possibility to link channels and have it saved in the scenes, then please provide more than 8 ganging groups. Although that will not solve the problem completely, because everything in the Mixer Config is not recallable, not even the Bus Config…

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

find a configuration that works for many situations is easy

my standard config is
    ch 1-40 mono channels
    ch 41-48 are 4 stereo channels fur USB, mini jack and two spares

for keyboards I use gangs
    mostly this is enough

you can switch patching with scenes and you can configure the surface different from scene to scene

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

And if I loose that USB I’m basically fucked, because who makes backups after every show onto a second usb.

And how do you do it eith scenes? Keep it only on the desk? If the scene/show is important you should always, ALWAYS, make backups. ALWAYS!!!

I basically work also most of the time with ganging for the inputs, some are set to stereo, in fact the same channels as the one of Steffen.
    For the mixbus settings you can use always stereo busses and for the one you only want to use as mono bus, keep thepan in center position and patch only one side to an output socket.

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@kirky

you need not only two usb backups but also another one in a safe place
    depending on the cost/effort to recreate the data I may have even more backups like for my PC HD

too many people like to play with fire and have only 1 or even zero backups of critical data

Profile photo of tourtelot
    tourtelot
    Participant

I have nightmares about not having backups. I have them stashed everywhere.

D.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.