Just updated, some in-ears not working

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting Just updated, some in-ears not working

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KeithJ A&H KeithJ A&H 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #94558
    Profile photo of kevo923
    kevo923
    Participant

    Recently, our iPad updated to 1.5.0 so naturally I couldn’t use it with the SQ-6 anymore wirelessly since the firmwares did not match. I updated the SQ-6 and for some reason, some of the in-ear monitors (Dante Output) were not working this past Sunday. I opened the I/O Port to see what was assigned and all the settings seem to have transferred over but the patch channels themselves that are labeled across the top are now a dark gray except for the channels that were not in use (we only have 16 for the AVIOM systems on the stage). When I press them I get an error message (I am not there so I cannot say exactly what it says).

    Any thoughts on what possibly could have happened with the update? Do I need to reset something on the stage SLink box?

    #94561
    Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H
    Moderator

    Hi Kevin,

    The ‘socket used’ indication is a new feature of V1.5, so the colour change sounds normal.
    The only thing I can think of that could be seen as an error message when touching on the sockets would be ‘This socket has no controls’ which appears whenever a socket is selected that does not have any controls available (i.e. any socket that doesn’t have a preamp or sample rate option).

    Therefore I would suggest checking the following to work out where the ‘break’ has occurred:
    Check the sample rates of the Dante equipment all match (48/96kHz).
    Ensure all Dante patching is correct and connections have ticks in Dante Controller.
    Make sure the address of the Dante card hasn’t changed – you mention using wireless control, and if the Control Network Bridge is on there is potential for an option card set to to have it’s address updated by a connected router (if DHCP is enabled).
    Double patch the outputs being used for Dante to other sockets to check the audio.

    If you’re still having problems, please contact us using http://support.allen-heath.com with more details on the setup and how you have everything connected.

    Thanks,
    Keith.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.