Just Speculating NAMM.

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions Just Speculating NAMM.

This topic contains 25 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GCumbee GCumbee 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Used this forum but applies to any product. What are your speculations on what we might see come out of NAMM this week. New products? Updated firmware? New FX? What? Lot of things I am hoping for. Let’s see who has the best guess.

Profile photo of dcongdon
    dcongdon
    Participant

I’m also interested to hear what this forum comes up with. Outside of the GLD series, I have to believe we’re due for a redesign/update to the iLive desks. I can also see the QU series expanding…likely smaller and larger.

Personally, I hope the GLD series will have its FX library and USB features expanded. A smaller GLD would be nice too. There are plenty of firmware suggestions on this forum for A&H to pick from, but I hesitate to say we’ll see any updates at NAMM–at least not without new hardware. Curious to know what A&H has shared with their dealers…?

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

If you search in google for some speculations like “Qu-24” you will find a picture showing “nu-qu”! So i suggest there may be something new with the Qu-Series!
    Major Firmware Updates are nice as well! I Think especially for the GLD as well for the Qu-Series there are a few nice features awaiting! For example the ability for Windwos Recording with the Qu-16 or the multiband compressors on the GLD!

Best News would be an iLive 2 with all the best features of the iLive and the nice and fast workaround of the GLD!

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

At least this dealer knows nothing. Nor does my rep. If there is anything new they are tight lipped. Should know by late Wed aft.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Check website banner. What the heck does Nu QU mean? Got my curiosity up !!

eotsskleet
    Participant

Nu Qu = New Qu! I Told you… this will be a Qu-24! I’m pretty shure!

eotsskleet
    Participant

GLD news: Welcome scene crossfading, multiband compression, dynamic eq, and transient controller to the GLD family!

Wohoooo! Great job A&H!

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant
    Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Was not exactly what I was expecting. I thought maybe the 16 had the engine throttled back and they were going to introduce new firmware that allowed full use of the 2412 stage box with 8 mics optional on the customer layer. Not a whole new mixer.

Interesting that it still only records 18 channels. What is the benefit of that if you have more than 16 inputs going? Or for virtual sound check. I don’t reading about DCA’s. It mentioned matrices and groups.

I am still going to get flack about it vs X32 as for head to head selling. Now we have this then next jump to GLD with no 33 in between. I have one customer I have been holding off hoping for a 32.

Otherwise it is a QU16 with 8 more channels. Still nice

eotsskleet
    Participant

@gcumbee
    Now i think it’s more than just a Qu-16 with more faders!
    I like the small LED’s next to the printed Channelnames that indicates the layer you are on, as well as the 10Soft-Keys!
    Now you have 4 FX Buttons for Sends on Fader and not only 2! And groups and matrix were requested a few times here in the forum! So I Think A&H have listened exactly to our request and i think they did very well with the Qu-24!
    The real X32 Competitor is the GLD-80! And there only the price is better with the X32… nothing else! (in my opinion ;D)

I think a Qu-32 would only be a good reason to pay less for a big board… i don’t like to mix a band with 24Channels on a Qu-24 without small Channel-Screens and if i do monitor as well from the FOH i definitly like to have the great MIX Buttons for monitor-setup like GLD and iLive have!

However, there is still the Windows-Support missing fot he Studio-Guys!

I can’t wait for the V1.4 of GLD Firmware! That’s gonna be great with MuldiBD Compressor and Dyn-EQ! And in the summer i have my musical where i can try the Fades-on-scenes! I’m Happy! ;D

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I agree. Just that I am getting beat up with selling against X32 and Studiolive 32. Sure not the same quality but still hard to convince some people of that.

I am curious of a few things on this not seen yet. Price? Will it address a 2412 and looped 84 for all I/O remotely. I guess the ME1 will see all channels surely.

Have they gotten users working?

Have not heard about GLD firmware. I knew there was going to be something for GLD.

eotsskleet
    Participant

Check out the newest Blog:

Cross-fading to GLD V1.4 @ NAMM

“…..GLD news: Welcome scene crossfading, multiband compression, dynamic eq, and transient controller to the GLD family!”

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Ok. Thanks. Missed that.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Would like to see a few other things. Like GEQ on IEM and wedge.

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

The point of IEM and WEDGE is that they’re a facility to have one set of mixes PFL from one output and another set of mixes PFL from another. It lets a monitor engineer hear wedge mixes only from their cue wedge and ear mixes only from their IEMS.

What is the application where you need GEQ on those? Trying to correct for a cue wedge that’s not the same as the stage wedges?

Chris

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.