Just a quick question on powering up

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Just a quick question on powering up

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of psikes psikes 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of psikes
    psikes
    Participant

I have what I am sure will be the first of many questions. We are in the process of replacing our analog A&H gl2400-32 with the new Qu32. We do not have the new mixer in hand but we are planning our replacement as well as we can. The first question, and I did not see the answer in the manual, is, we currently use a power sequencer to bring things up in an orderly fashion. Can the Qu power up without accessing the power button on the back? Our system is in a large wooden roll top unit and access to the back is somewhat limited.

Thanks for the replies

Phil

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

No problem. Just leave the power switch on. I have installed many consoles this way. When you’re through with the board do a soft shutdown on the board then push your sequence switch. The console should be first on and last off.

Profile photo of psikes
    psikes
    Participant

Thanks, exactly what I neeedto know. We hope to order our new mixer soon.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

You will enjoy it. I’ve sold quite a few of them and QU24’s. All my customers love them. We’re starting to do more SQ’s.

Profile photo of psikes
    psikes
    Participant

I would love to go to an SQ board however funding is somewhat limited to around $3000. We also only have need of 32 channels and our current equipment only supports 32 channels. Our console is remote from the stage and our stage wells are also limited. If it is okay to ask, where are you located and do you have a business we can contact. If it is not okay to respond here a PM would be fine.

Thanks, Phil

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

In Paducah KY. Authorized A&H dealer.
    Mid-America Communications Audio/Video
    270-559-2475. george@midcommav.com

Sorry others for the shameless plug. But I was asked.

Profile photo of psikes
    psikes
    Participant

Thanks, I will contact you next week for a quote.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.