itunes and mac

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions itunes and mac

This topic contains 24 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nicola A&H Nicola A&H 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mimmo
    mimmo
    Participant

Hi, a simple thing I hope.
    I connect my apple pc to UBS B of my QU-16; my pc recongnize qu-16, but I ’m not able to listen music from itunes (even if I choose right input channel 3° stereo input).
    thank for help. Mimmo

Profile photo of moon
    moon
    Participant

You have to go to the MAc Audio Midi setup application and specify
    QU-16 as the output for the MAC.
    cheers,
    Mike

Profile photo of mimmo
    mimmo
    Participant

Thank you so much mike. I have just done it.but i can listen test speaker configure. But not the iTunes music. I note that i’m not able to move the orizzontale bars that increase the tracks db….

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Apple Mac? PC? which one?
    If you can hear the test sound coming back into the ST3 channels (which should be turned to USB-B input) then it must be a problem in your mac

dave NZ

Profile photo of mimmo
    mimmo
    Participant

it’s a mac. Yes, I can hear mac test sound on ST3. But i cannot open any of the 21 channel outs (master bar too). Mimmo

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Check that audio from iTunes is not going to Channel 1 & 2 on the mixer. If it is, you have to patch the standard OS X stereo output to a different USB out. In Audio MIDI Setup, select the Qu audio device and click Configure Speakers, then assign the stereo output to 21-22 for ST3.

Hope this helps.

Profile photo of mimmo
    mimmo
    Participant

Hi nicola (are you italian?).
    Itunes don’t have an option in which choose outputs (or pheraphs i’m not able to find it ?).

Anyway I immagine you mean to patch it in “Audio MIDI configuration” of my Mac.
    Yes, I did this on my mac:
    1- I choose QU-16 usb in “Audio MIDI configuration”
    2- I choose in “configurazione spaeakers” stereo and I pacth the 21 for left and 22 for right (in this there are two audio test bottons for each speakers: if I push both of them they works well, and I can ear signal tests coming from mixer in right ways).
    But nothing happen if I play Itunes (or i.e. Youtube ecc ecc).
    (If could be usefull, in “Audio MIDI configuration” of my Mac it happen that I cannot move any of volume bars (output section)).

I dont’ know if i have to do something else in my mixer, but i don’t think so if it well works with signal tests.

Profile photo of Tom
    Tom
    Participant

Mimmo,

There is one more thing you need to check and/or set. Go to System Preferences > Sound and make sure that the output is set to the QU-16.

I hope this helps!

Profile photo of mimmo
    mimmo
    Participant

..hi Tom…thank you so much …but… just done!! …(i’m checking if could be some conflict with my old edirol audio system i had before installed… i don’t really know!!

Profile photo of mimmo
    mimmo
    Participant

A information on more…. i try to set usb B in CH1 and CH2 and they receive regolary music independently from what i do in midi audio set up. So it seem pc transmit only out in CH1 and CH2. …some suggestions?

Profile photo of mimmo
    mimmo
    Participant

A further information: nicola is right. i try to set usb B in CH1 and CH2 and they receive regolary music independently from what i do in midi audio set up. So it seem pc transmit only out in CH1 and CH2. …some suggestions to change these channel into 21 and 22??

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Hello Mimmo.
    Do these pics help you?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

and these pics?
    Good luck
    cheers
    dave NZ

Profile photo of mimmo
    mimmo
    Participant

Thsnk you so much for helping.
    I attach my pics too…..

Profile photo of mimmo
    mimmo
    Participant

Pic

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.