Issues with headphones on iLive-T80

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive troubleshooting Issues with headphones on iLive-T80

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jeff Jeff 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ben
    Ben
    Participant

Hi,

We are experiencing issues with our I-live t80 where we’re not able to get any audio for headphones meaning we cannot use the PFL and AFL functions. This looks to have happened when trying to setup the desk as we recently purchased it.

We have tried recalling to a scene where we know they worked and also confirmed the headphones work on other devices.

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated as it’s been a real head scratcher for us for a few weeks now.

Profile photo of Mark Oakley
    Mark Oakley
    Participant

I’m having the same problem with my T-112-it works sometimes and not other times. Could just be a bad headphone jack or problem with the headphone amp. A trip to the repair shop is the probable solution.

-Mark

Profile photo of Ben
    Ben
    Participant

Thanks for the reply, the thing is when you turn the volume up on max you can kind of hear the static background noise which would to me suggest there is still life in the headphone amp on the desk. I’m fairly certain we’ve just gone and accidentally changed a setting somewhere. Just unsure on the best places to look where the desk is fairly new to us.

Profile photo of Mark Oakley
    Mark Oakley
    Participant

Have you checked under PAFL Settings that PAFL Trim is up full (0.0 db) and Main to PAFL Levels are PAFL Left/Main Left 0.0 db and PAFL Right/Main Right 0.0 db?

-Mark

Profile photo of Jeff
    Jeff
    Participant

I know this is an old post, but I came across it when researching a similar issue.

In my case it turned out I had connected the ACE port on my surface to a network port (not the ACE port) on my mix rack. If your network is bridged on the rack, the surface will control the rack and the meters work, but you won’t get audio on the surface. (Actually I did have the same main out audio on all my analog output jacks.) It’s also worth noting that in this misconfiguration, the PAFL works fine on the headphone jack on the mix rack, just not on the surface. (Again, a clue that it’s not a configuration issue but a connection issue, as the headphone jack should have the same output in both locations.)

I’m not saying this is the issue others had, but it’s at least worth adding to your troubleshooting list.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.