Is there an Avantis User Manual Rather than the Quick Start???

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis General Discussions Is there an Avantis User Manual Rather than the Quick Start???

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dave Meadowcroft Dave Meadowcroft 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of LKOHS
    LKOHS
    Participant

1 week new to Avantis and Allen & Heath. I was trying to set up a talkback mic from me to the band and came across a post in the forum about this topic that referenced an Avantis User Manual as well as a section that specifically discusses this (10.19 to be exact). However I cannot find a user manual online anywhere. I did not unpack the rig so I’m not sure if there was one in the box. So does one exist??? Here is the link on the forum where I saw the reference: https://community.allen-heath.com/forums/topic/talkback-assign-to-outputs

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Try the Firmware Reference Guide here: https://www.allen-heath.com/avantis/#docs

Profile photo of gazetkomat
    gazetkomat
    Participant

Thanks for sharing this link. I also couldn’t find it and it’s really helpful! Next time I’d suggest including this manual in a more accessible way.

Profile photo of Yvo
    Yvo
    Participant

May I also suggest adding a detailed drawing of the work surface in the manual/firmware guide?

For those who have ordered an Avantis but are awaiting deliver and have to use the director software to start learning the board, it’s a little frustrating that there’s no drawing of the actual desk in the manual nor is it easy to find pictures of the desk tht are hi res enough to allow us to read the text written under the buttons etc.

Profile photo of LKOHS
    LKOHS
    Participant

Thanks All. I would also suggest naming it something like… Oh I don’t know… Maybe User manual instead of firmware reference guide. I actually thought that was how to install new firmware and the changes that were updated.

Profile photo of Dave Meadowcroft
    Dave Meadowcroft
    Participant

As far as the images go – the Technical Data Sheet available in the Documents section of the web site has a high res drawing. Not an image, but should be good enough for your purpose.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.