Is there a laptop controller for the DT168?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Is there a laptop controller for the DT168?

This topic contains 23 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of tourtelot tourtelot 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of NikoLaasonen
    NikoLaasonen
    Participant

You’re probably right.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Niko,
    We were indeed planning to release late December, but there are still unresolved bugs. I will catch up with the developers this week and see where we are.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

The way Allen and Heath is releasing software (unless we are talking about the SQ series), that is probably being optimistic.

It is definitely in A&H best interest (ie the bottom line) to release software to do this (I honestly didn’t know they were planning on releasing it until I read the last post 30 seconds ago). Just look at how many Dante boxes that Yamaha sells to non-Yamaha owners. Allen and Heath obviously wants to make the boxes work well with their line of mixers, but they shouldn’t be turning away sales from people who are just looking for a great Dante stage box who don’t use other A&H devices (yet).

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi all,

There will be more announcements around and about this in the next few days, but for those of you following this thread…

DT Preamp Control

Enjoy! 🙂

Profile photo of Adam
    Adam
    Participant

Woooo Hooooo !

Thanks !

Profile photo of tourtelot
    tourtelot
    Participant

So excited! Thanks to the techs at A&H for the hard work involved in getting this out for us. You rock!

D.

tourtelot
    Participant

Ooooooh! It really works!! I have a tiny rig consisting of my MacBook Pro, a DT168, and a DHCP server (and only need to give my DT168 a static IP to lose that). Reaper on my MBP for a recorder. A 16-track Dante recording rig that fits in two cases! Wow!

Okay, now at the risk of looking this delicious gift horse in the mouth, a couple of immediate thought on the UI.

First, is it possible to make the UI into two windows where the top section can be hidden? No real need to see that once the app is configured and running and it takes up a lot of screen space.

Two, any possibility of making the channel grid reconfigurable? It is now in a grid of 8×2. How about a 4×4 grid or a 2×8 grid or a 1×16 grid? This would allow Reaper (or?) to run in a smaller than full-screen window with DT Preamp Control running under or along side of the record meters. On Reaper, it would be perfect with no top window and a 4×4 grid along side of the Reaper meters. All I would need to see on one screen.

Anyway, please don’t misunderstand. I know this is the first shot out of the cannon and a brilliant first shot. Good like this forever, but I would be glad to see the UI more adaptable. What do you all think?

D.

tourtelot
    Participant

Here’s a photo of my current screen.

D.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    tourtelot
    Participant

Bumping this to the top to see if anyone else has thoughts on the DT Preamp UI? Maybe it’s just me and while I think it’s a really cool concept, I am not sure that I would be comfortable using it in its current configuration. Just me? I really want to love this.

D.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.