Is Solo Safe possible with the SQ?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Is Solo Safe possible with the SQ?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of J.Luszczek
    J.Luszczek
    Participant

I use the SQ5 as the front end and the mixer in a personal home recording situation. I don’t mix live shows with it.
    My need is to exclude FX returns from PAFL action, so that when I solo (AFL) a channel or a group of channels, I hear the reverb or whatever other FX returns with it automatically, without needing to solo them manually every time. On a recording desk it’s called Solo Safe. Can this mode be set up on the SQ?

Profile photo of J.Luszczek
    J.Luszczek
    Participant

Update to the last post since edits are not possible (unless I’m missing something):

I know that the Listen bus is straight from the PAFL path, so a true solo operation is not possible with this mixer. It would be cool if A&H added an option in Mixer Config / Role page for PAFL/Solo operation of the PAFL buttons. That would make the SQ a much better DAW companion.

The work around for now is to just Solo DAW tracks using the DAW Control layer, but it’s not a 100% solution because it doesn’t work for any other sources. Things like hardware synths or live microphones would not be muted when something gets soloed.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

as already mentioned in numerous other threads,
    the SQ is a live sound mixer in the first place…
    and the solo system is made for this.

If you need particular features for your workflow and don’t get them with the desk at the moment
    it could be that you choose the wrong tool…

And I want to make clear that I’m not arguing against changes or improvements.
    But fundamental changes in operation of particular features should be made carefully,
    otherwise the potential of failure in the field will increase.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.