Is it possible to run the dsnake by wireless network

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Is it possible to run the dsnake by wireless network

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 9 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Rich
    Rich
    Participant

I have a qu-16 mixer and a ab-168.
    i seen other post talk media converters (Ethernet to fiber).
    Is it possible to run the dsnake through a wireless router and if so what equipment would I need ?

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

You’d trust your audio link to an unreliable wireless channel? Just don’t.

All you need to know is that dSNAKE is OSI layer 2 compliant, and best left running down a wire.

Fibre is just a change of medium. Wireless links have a lot more going on that you don’t see. Same goes for Powerline.

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

I don’t think the bandwidth will be consistent and high enough to achieve a reliable connection, I would stick to a cable or fibre optic connection.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

I suspect that the latency introduced by most routers would be intolerable, but some of the data centre wireless links should be able to handle it. I’d stick with cables though.

It is possible that a free space optical system (fibre without the fibre), or a high cost microwave link could sustain the traffic. But you are better off with cable/fibre…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.