Is it possible to mix 14 channels individually on computer for livestream? Newbi

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu DAW integration Is it possible to mix 14 channels individually on computer for livestream? Newbi

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lee7 Lee7 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Cindyev2
    Cindyev2
    Participant

I do sound for a church. The guy who runs a livestream insisted on hooking up a small mixing board to my Qu-Pac so he can have a different mix on the livestream than what I’m mixing live. Is it possible to use the USB cable and send the 8 or so separate channels to his computer? What I’m hoping to achieve is to get rid of the small mixing board and have him be able to mix the sound (all 8 channels individually) on his computer while he’s livestreaming. Is this possible? He’s using OSB. I read a little about Reaper and was going to check into that tomorrow.

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

I don’t know OSB nor Reaper but in my Daw Studio One I can capture all 32 inputs. Logically that means USB is spitting them all out. So I *think* what you’re trying to achieve should be possible.

Good luck !

Giga

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

Another option might be to use 2 Qu-Pad apps. One for FOH, and the other for the live stream. Then send the livestream mix as a stereo mix over USB to the computer.

Cindyev2
    Participant

Thank you, Giga. Your reply was very helpful. I did a little digging and found out Studio One and Reaper can be used in combination with OBS. After days of searching without getting concrete answers, you pointed ke in the right direction. Thank you!

Cindyev2
    Participant

Hi Scott. Yes! That would have been the best case scenario. I use Qu-Pad to mix the live sound on my iPad. However, the livestream guy is using a windows laptop and I guess the app is only for Mac. Bummer!! Thanks for taking the time to reply to my question. I agree that would have been an elegant solution if possible.

Profile photo of garyh
    garyh
    Participant

There is an app for Windows called Mixing Station. It’s not free though.

Cindyev2
    Participant

Hi Gigi. I gave up on trying to use Reaper. I just downloaded Studio One and it looks much more user friendly. Just one problem…I can’t get Studio One to record the output from my Qu Pac. I have the midi controls set (or so I believe). I see the Qu Pac in the drop down menu in Studio One, so I know it recognizes it. Can you help me? Where do you see all your tracks? Thanks for any advice you can send my way. Happy Thanksgiving!

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

Have you tried Logic and/or Mixing Station for the other guy mixing the live stream?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.