Is Avantis 96k possible while the I/O card is still 48k?

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis General Discussions Is Avantis 96k possible while the I/O card is still 48k?

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Chris Chris 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Tatsuya Nakamura
    Tatsuya Nakamura
    Participant

Hello.

Is it possible to run an I/O card Dante or MADI card at 48kHz and communicate with Dante or MADI devices at 48kHz when Avantis is at 96kHz?

I am using RME MADIFACE PRO and DigiFaceDante.
    The reason I don’t run the I/O at 96k is because I don’t want to reduce the number of available CHs.

Profile photo of Jay
    Jay
    Participant

The console always runs at 96k internally, and cards that support it do SRC. Both Dante and MADI will do SRC.

Note that once a card is set for 48 or 96 you can’t mix-and-match. This can become an issue on Dante because not all devices support 96k.

Jay

Profile photo of ahjeff
    ahjeff

Just an extra note that the superMADI card does allow mixed sample rates; each link pair (1-2, 3-4, etc) has individually selectable mode (48 kHz, 96 kHz SMux, 96 kHz HiSpeed).
    – Jeff, A&H

Profile photo of Tatsuya Nakamura
    Tatsuya Nakamura
    Participant

Thank you!

It looks like I can keep the console at 96 kHz and use I/O at 48 kHz.
    The MIDI setup seems to need some attention, but I am relieved to hear that it will not be a problem when used properly.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Actually, you can’t change the internal sampling rate. It’s always 96kHz.

Profile photo of Chris
    Chris
    Participant

I have a dante card that only supports 48k installed in my dlive system and it works without having to change any configs. Maybe avantis works the same?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.