Is a GLD Surface compatible with an IDR mixrack?

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD troubleshooting Is a GLD Surface compatible with an IDR mixrack?

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mark Oakley Mark Oakley 7 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jacob
    Jacob
    Participant

Hello, sorry if this is a basic question, I’m new to this.

I have a GLD 80 Chrome Surface and am trying to use it to control an IDR-32 Mixrack. Will this work over ACE?

Thanks.

Profile photo of Jacob
    Jacob
    Participant

I should add the GLD80 does have an ACE port

Profile photo of Mark Oakley
    Mark Oakley
    Participant

Hi Jacob:

The ACE card works as a signal splitter, so you’ll get a copy of all the Inputs sent from the iDR-32. You’ll then have control of the entire mix except for preamp gains. A way around this would be to control the iDR’s preamps from iLive Editor running at FOH. Connect a Cat 5 cable from your computer the Network port on the GLD’s ACE card, then another from the iDR’s ACE card’s Network port to the Network port of the IDR rack itself (A&H refers to this as “Network Bridge”). Make sure that the computer and IDR share compatible Network addresses (192.168.1.xxx) where xxx is a different number for the surface and stage-rack. After assigning ACE channels, you should be able to then control the IDR’s preamps from Editor, have the IDR’s preamps feed the GLD’s channels, and also “tunnel” the GLD’s outputs back to the outputs of the IDR on stage.

-Mark

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.