iPhone into Qu-SB (no headphone)

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions iPhone into Qu-SB (no headphone)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lee7 Lee7 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

Hi all, this has probably been talked about before but I could not find it so sorry in advance ;-(

Suppose I would be able to find a cable from lightning to usb-b (which until now I haven’t btw), could I play audio on my phone going straight into the desk ? As in: no further converterboxes needed ?

Thanks !

Giga

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

Giga – Which model of QU do you have?

If you have the 16, 24 or 32 you could plug straight into the 3.5mm audio jack for the purpose of audio playback. Alternatively, if you use any of the Apple routers that have a 3.5mm audio jack input you could do the same. Just plug the cable from the router into your desk’s audio input and stream music from your phone wirelessly.

Below is a link to an lightning to USB cable and the other link is a USB to USB B adaptor.

https://www.argos.co.uk/sd/apple-lightning-cable/

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

I have the Qu-SB, so no 3,5mm input.

Nevertheless, your answer helped me Lee, so thanks !

Giga

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

I too have the QU-SB but I have an XLR bluetooth device that plugs into the unit and I can stream music in that manner.

Cheers
    Lee

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

Giga – You could try one of these but the newer model, this link is the older unit.

Cheers
    Lee

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

I actually use an Airport so I can stream through that.

I do sound for a partyband and sometimes guests come up and want to play something from their phone. As you can imagine I absolutely don’t want anyone other that myself or the bandmembers near my wifi network so I was thinking to come up with a foolproof way to accommodate that.

That bluetooth thingamaginga may actually be a very nice solution, that way also Android users can be served. Negative about it I guess is that it’s mono and uses another XLR input.

Thanks Lee !

Giga

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

In your case I think a Bluetooth receiver would work best. Are you using
    the ST1 stereo input jacks?

If you do go with Bluetooth remember to keep that channel muted when not in
    use so no one jumps on your Bluetooth receiver and start playing who knows what
    when you lest expect it!

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

Yep, I usually use ST1 for music + an adapter cable from 3,5mm stereo to double 1/4″ jacks. But as one can expect it happened a few times where people had dodgy headphonejacks on their phone and so drama ensued. I’ve had enough of that thank you very much !

Thanks guys !

Giga

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant
    Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

@giga,

Interesting unit, however someone has asked in the comments if the unit is password protected to prevent all and sundry connecting. I doubt that is possible because you would have to press the pair button to achieve such a task. Worth finding out though.

Cheers
    Lee

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

I’ve put a couple of those KT Bluetooth receivers into installs, they work well with decent pick up range.

They do not have a password, I think Bluetooth passwords are kind hit miss, seems like very few devices ask for a password to connect and for all but a few truly pro Bluetooth
    receivers that let you set up a password if the receiver has a password there mostly the same as 00000 or 11111.

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

I’m not too concerned about the password. When the music the guest(s) want to play has stopped I’ll probably power off the unit anyway or at least pull it’s fader on the desk.

Going by the reviews it gets this seems like a unit up for the task and not too expensive as a bonus.

Giga

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

When viewing that Bluetooth device on Amazon, another similar device came up by Audioengine called the B1. Only has RCA outs and a digital audio out, which looks to be aimed more at the audiophile which also brings with it a much higher price tag.

Cheers
    Lee

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.