iPad spec for QU-24

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions iPad spec for QU-24

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of UPCsoundtech UPCsoundtech 9 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of gilly
    gilly
    Participant

Hi
    Does anyone know what would be the minimum specs required for an iPad to effectively operate the QU-24 using QU-Pad. I am limited in budget and can’t afford to buy the new iPAD Air so was going to look to see if I can get an older model (2nd or 1st generation perhaps) as I consider I don’t need all the bells & whistles that the latest iPad offers if all I will ever use it for is to wirelessly control the QU-24.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I use an iPad mini retina and older original mini. They work fine. I think it has been on here before that at least 2nd gen iPads are ok. I would not use original if it were me. Problem is older ones can’t handle newer OS as well. As the app versions update you will get left behind. An orig iPad mini can be had pretty cheap as well as later pre air full sized.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

IPad2 is fine, mimi3 is also fine.

Profile photo of robbocurry
    robbocurry
    Participant

IPad mini great for qu24, sits on the little shelf perfectly too!

Profile photo of Andy
    Andy
    Participant

I used to use an old iPad1 without any problems. Now I bught an iPad2 mini because it fits on top of the QU24. The iPad1 still works perfect with my iLive.
    Andy

Profile photo of UPCsoundtech
    UPCsoundtech
    Participant

Ipad1 works okay, but will frequently drop connection to the QU-24.
    Thought it was my Ipad but tried it with several Ipad1 with different routers/networks and had the same result.
    Get out of app and reopening immediately reconnects to the mixer.
    Talked with rep at the Apple store and was told that it’s due to overpowering the processor.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.