IPad Pro disconnects from QU24 after 5 mins.

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions IPad Pro disconnects from QU24 after 5 mins.

This topic contains 15 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of dpdan dpdan 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Damo
    Damo
    Participant

Hi All.

I am pretty new to the mixing world. I have had a look around but couldnt find any info in the search box.

I have an I Pad Pro connected wirelessly to a Network extender. I have matched the software with Ipad and QU24.

All connects great and works fairly well, untill the 4-5 minute mark where the Ipad then suddenly disconnects and displays disconnected and puts up an IP address.

In can then click connect to QU24 on the Ipad Pro again and all fine, then the same time scale again and disconnected.

Thank you in advance for any info regarding this query.

Kind Regards Damo.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

How is the network configured?
    (Looking at devices and cabling, security settings etc)

Does it happen whether or not you are using the iPad?

Profile photo of Damo
    Damo
    Participant

We dont know the ip address for the extender we just did a master reset, hooked up the IPad Pro and connected no problems at all, then after the 5 mins the ipad seemed to disconnect.

I did find that it was only when my I Pad wasnt in my hands being used it disconnected.

Profile photo of Damo
    Damo
    Participant

Is it just worth spending the cash and purchasing a 2.4ghz / 5ghz wireless router which we can get into to see the settings?.

Ragards Damo.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

I’d suggest that it probably is worth it.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

If you are not an expert on networking
    Do it! Spend the extra money.
    My iPads, once connected stay on line without glitch’s.
    I use the airport extreme.

Profile photo of Alex
    Alex
    Participant

Same here . Im using the Apple Airport Express and never had a drop out issue. I don’t get the range of the Extreme but easily accessible from 50m ..

Profile photo of Alex
    Alex
    Participant

And that distance is while the router sits inside the rack .. (I made it so I can pull it out and sit it ontop – but never needed to to that)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Damo
    Damo
    Participant

Airport Extreme/Express it is then folks…Many thanks for you input gratefully received. I will research on both…..

Kind Regards Damo.

PS will let you know how i get on…

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

Once you purchase the Express or Extreme you should then download the app made by Apple called “Airport Utility”

It is a wonderfully simple app to use to set up your new router.

If I may suggest that you purchase an Airport Express router as opposed to the Airport Extreme. The Airport Express has the very convenient feature of being able to stream stereo music digitally from your iPad, Ipod or iPhone directly to the router.
    The router has a 3.5 mm stereo connector so you can connect the audio output of the router to two channels on your mixer.

When it is time to go on break, the sound guy strolling around with the iPad does not have to frantically run up to the stage to turn on break music, he/she can do it right from the iPad, wirelessly with your custom break music in iTunes,,,, IT’S WONDERFUL!

Dan

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Just one word of warning – Apple randomly drop support for older routers in their configuration app…

Grr…

Profile photo of Damo
    Damo
    Participant

Hi All.

I have now purchased one of each Apple’s Express and Extreme.

Many thanks for all your input…all working a treat.

I am just waiting for a 3.5mm to XLR cable so i can play music through the QU24, which i cant to have this up and running.

Kind Regards Damon.

XFX Events.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Why are you playing music from 3.5 into XLR? Why not the 1/4 inputs. The XLR inputs are mono. Your 3.5 is stereo. If you put both channels onto that XLR you’ll get a big cancel with the differential +\- inputs.

Profile photo of Damo
    Damo
    Participant

You are absolutely right.

So what i have done is panned left on ch one and panned channel 2 on right…if that makes sense.

Have it all working a treat through Apple Express…

One happy bunny.

Kind Regards Damon.

XFX Events.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Or of course use ST3 – 3.5mm to 3.5mm is much more common…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.