iPad Meterbridge from USB-b

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions iPad Meterbridge from USB-b

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of David Haughton David Haughton 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Hi / greetings
    Can anyone suggest
    Looking for and iPad app I could use as a 32 channel meter bridge to run off USB-b utilising the iPad camera adator.
    At the moment I can utilise Reaper mixer template on a PC or Mac however wanting to use an iPad so all 3 iPads will be flat along the rear of the QU at the back..
    I looked at Auria by wavelabs however thats only 24 channels.
    Any sensible disscusion aprreciated 🙂

Thank you

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

Have you thought of a Mac Mini and a nice sized monitor?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Thanks for the reply
    No but I have now
    Do you mean a macbook pro mini?

I think I’m really wanting a detachable screen or an mac pro or something that will allow me to have 3 screens flat/level along the front above the QU.
    I’m wanting to get the screens within easy reach although I dont need to touch the Reaper screen as I have a keyboard in front although that is not really necessary.
    I have 3 days mid-day to midnight live job coming so wanting to keep surface all for mic inputs and as you can see, sub groups/delays efx etc.. off ipads. Which should all work fine. [just like an old analoge desk huh?]

Dick Rees
    Participant

https://www.apple.com/mac-mini/

Can you run Reaper on a Mac?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Reaper on a mac?
    phew wow absolutely! AND [AU]apple have their own native reverbs & effx etc…so you can utilise those and bring back those reverb returns back into the Qu fo every conceivable type of reverbs you want [less the dry-sound of course] anyhow i’m deviating from OP

Mac mini driving a small screen yes… that may just be the answer.
    In fact there an app for turning an ipad into an extension screen. The mac mini might drive that? I think the app is called Duet. Costs a few dollars though.

Dick Rees
    Participant

Yup. Wireless keyboard and wireless mouse, nice screen(s) and Reaper might well be the ticket. Compact and powerful.

Good luck and let us know how it works out.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Look at post 35723 here

Seems we can have 2 iPads & an Android going at the same time.

So that’s another way of doing it…..

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Frankly – any PC and an iPad as a remote screen?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Yes, thanks Bob, Mark
    I’m running 2 iPad pros and a PC for the meter bridge running Reaper mixer view, 32 channels.
    At sound check of a band tonight after 10 hours setting up 3 stages, that meter bridge was so good to have.
    Being able to ‘eye spot’ the meters just made things easier as I’m a long way from the stage.
    My new set up is really quite brilliant!
    Right iPad I have my Matrixs delayed speakers and sub groups
    Left iPad is my effects and ST 1/2/3 in so… no having to switch layers.
    Pics to follow next week.

DH

Profile photo of David Haughton
    David Haughton
    Keymaster

Hi all, in line LED channel metering with the will give you peak indication before the channel actually clips, so you will see a red LED flash here, although there’s no peak hold…

If you really want a meterbridge you should be able to see everything you need with Qu-Pad on just a couple of iPads.
    Also, David Giga’s Mixing Station Qu for Android would work well and offers a zoomed view of channels.

It’s possible to use a DAW to meter your inputs as long as you have your USB ouptut patch set 1-1.
    (Ch 17-18 are assigned at LR by default for Qu-Drive)

Waves’ Tracks Live has a good meters overview. A laptop or mini PC with additional display would do pretty nicely.

Cheers,
    Harry.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.