Ipad etiquette

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Ipad etiquette

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of volounteer volounteer 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

What is the proper way to use the Ipad to tweak things remotely when there is an operator at the Qu?

Apparently the sound seems different in the front left pew than in the balcony.
    Our MD and A1 were having problems reversing each others changes to make things sound ‘better’.

I thought the sound was very good today sitting near the back of the church and did not notice their changes.

But the changes drove the video folks crazy as it affected their feed.
    And that is a whole nuther issue completely as they set levels from their earphones not using the meter like sensible folks.

So what should the etiquette be on making changes.
    Pecking order says the A1 and MD are equal levels in the church hierarchy.

What would be the proper way to set mix levels when two or more folks have the ability to do it?
    Should the Ipad or the Qu have an option to block the other from making changes?

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

That has nothing to do with hierarchy but with communication. If the two to not organize who is responible for what part of the work and obey the found rules it will not work. Its a matter of team work and respect for the others in the team.
    Otherwise… too many cooks spoil the broth 😉

volounteer
    Participant

@mfk0815

Both think they are right. If one ‘outranked’ the other then the other should defer to the ‘authority’.

The problem is both want to make things ‘better’ and each has a different idea of what is ‘good’.

I have tried to tell them that nobody else in the audience cares or can hear any difference.
    In the meantime we are driving the video team nutzoid as they wont just use the meter on OBS and tweak the sound level being transmitted.

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

The problem is both want to make things ‘better’ and each has a different idea of what is ‘good’.

Tell them that this means they make it worse!!

volounteer
    Participant

@mfk0815

I try not to tell them anything lest they get upset and mad at me.

I do try to suggest things to them.
    Sometimes they eventually agree.

Now throw in the video folks who are totally independent and now we are going to have a really fun time:)

I tried to suggest to the minister that we need better processes but they run with SILOs like so many CMMI level 1 orgs.
    We are definitely not level zero! We do have most processes in place. Just not all documented.
    And some lacking coordination when they interact like the very new video team that just happened with the COVID crapola.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.