iPad App Resolution

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions iPad App Resolution

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lee7 Lee7 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

Hi All,

I currently have the QU-16 along with an iPad Air, what I want to do is this, I have created a custom srip on the iPad that only features an FX mute. I would like to make the mute button a little bigger to make it easier to hit the target when mounted on my mic stand. Following the online instructions to make bigger doesn’t seem to work for me.

Has anyone got any suggestions?

Cheers
    Lee

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Hi Lee

When you say the online instructions, do you mean the zoom function in the iPad’s Accessibility section, or something else?

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

Hi Mark,

On one of A&H iPad video’s for the QU-16 it mentions something about if you need more resolution on a fader or graphic I assume it say’s to run your finger away from the part you need to be able to see in better detail. By doing this you will zoom in or make bigger etc?

I don’t seem to be able to achieve this, maybe I am interpreting what they’re saying all wrong?

Basically i want to make the mute button for the FX that I have put on a custom strip a bit bigger to make it easier to mute when in the thick of it on stage. Doesn’t matter if I am FOH.

Lee

Profile photo of MartinW
    MartinW
    Participant

Hi Lee,

I think you may have misunderstood the video.

If you are dragging a fader, moving your finger sideways away from the fader makes the fader movements much smaller. Thus easier to make fine adjustments.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

That’s how I understand it too.

If you go into your iPad’s General Settings, and look in Accessibility you’ll find the Zoom function. Turn this on and you can then do a three fingered tap to make the button bigger. OK, it’s not that much bigger, but better than nothing.

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

Thanks for that info Martin, completely misunderstood. And I will try your suggestion Mark.

Once again, thanks to you both.

Lee

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

Tried your method Mark, but sadly doesn’t or didn’t work for me.

I think in the long term I am going to get our techie to build us a custom foot switch that can send a dedicated midi string via the ethernet port to mute the FX. This can be done as I have already spoken to A&H technical about this a few weeks ago, they would supply our techie with the dedicated string.

Expensive solution, but far easier, especially as some of our songs start acapello or have dead finishes without FX.

Lee

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.