IP8 Programming Questions

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive troubleshooting IP8 Programming Questions

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ThatComplicatedMidiGuy ThatComplicatedMidiGuy 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dcongdon
    dcongdon
    Participant

I am programming an IP8 controller to accompany a Surface Pro/Director workstation. I want the ALT button on my IP8 to activate the talkback. I don’t see a way to select this in the function assignment window. Can Custom Midi be used to activate the function? If not, is there another way of doing this?

I don’t see anything in the midi protocol documentation about TB. (https://www.allen-heath.com/media/dLive-MIDI-TCP-Protocol-1.50.pdf)

What you *could* do, is make an input channel your TB mic, then have “press,” be custom midi message that unmutes that particular channel, release = mute.

You would need to use TCP to send out to a computer or something (Bome box?) and then either have that device immediately return the message back to dLive, or interpolate your outgoing message from the IP8 and return it as the desired mute/unmute. Probably easier to just do something like, for ch128 – (Mute off) 90 7F 3f 7F 00, (mute on) 90 7F 7F 7F 00, mapped directly to your button as custom midi.

It’s a little janky, but totally doable. Hope this helps!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.