IP8 Controller Scenes

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis General Discussions IP8 Controller Scenes

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Doug Doug 2 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Doug
    Doug
    Participant

We have a new Advantis board at our church. All channels of the board are routed post fader to a stereo aux channel for broadcast audio output. An IP8 Controller is connected with the purpose of fine tuning our broadcast audio. The faders of the IP8 are configured like the attached screen shot. This is post fader by the way. Is there a way that these IP8 fader levels can be saved to a scene? We have tried everything in scene manager and no luck. Maybe it is not even possible.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Doug,

You can certainly store the levels that the IP8 faders are controlling.
    In this case, you are controlling input sends to Stereo Aux 1. Store a Scene, and use the Recall Filter to block everything (Block All), then under the Mixes tab allow Routing for Stereo Aux 1. This Scene will now recall send levels to Stereo Aux 1.

Profile photo of Martijn
    Martijn
    Participant

Hi Doug,

The IP8 (As the name states) Controles the assigned aux in the avantis.
    When you store a scene all levels are stored.
    If you do not have set a recall filter or scene safes the levels are being recalled on preset recall.
    (And the IP8 will follow the settings of the Avantis).

If you cannot get it to work, make sure the recall safes and recall filter is all off for the selected Aux.
    You can check this by recalling the preset and check if the levels for the assigned Aux are also changing. If yes the IP8 should follow.
    If the IP8 is not following check the settings in the IP8.

One thing to keep in mind is that the layout for the IP8 is also stored (And recalled) in the preset.
    If you don’t want the layout to change set the global safe to exclude controllers from preset recall.

Hope this helps

Profile photo of Doug
    Doug
    Participant

Thanks guys, I’ll give it a shot tomorrow and see if that works!

Doug

Profile photo of Doug
    Doug
    Participant

Well we are still drawing a blank. I tried all of your suggestions with no luck. Here is a shot of the global safes page. Stereo Aux 1 is “VIDEO.” Note that there is no blue button under Routing for VIDEO. Could that be an issue?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Doug,
    You have a lot of settings Safe in the Global Safes. Not sure if this is intended or not. The issue might be, for example, that the Input routing is Safe (this will prevent any Scene from recalling Input sends to mixes).
    What I meant by filters in my post above, is the per-scene Recall Filters, not the Global Safes.

For troubleshooting purposes and to understand the logic:
    – Back up your Show file so you are free to experiment with Safes and Filters.
    – Clear all Global Safes (Safe None).
    – Store two Scenes with different send levels on the IP8 faders.
    – Select each Scene and press the Recall Filter button.
    – Press ‘Block All’, the grid will go red.
    – Find the Routing item for Stereo Aux 1, click on it to Allow this setting.
    – Try recalling the two Scenes, which should now recall those send levels correctly.

If you’re still stuck, open a ticket with our support.allen-heath.com portal and attach your Show file for us to take a look.

Profile photo of Doug
    Doug
    Participant

I followed your checklist and it worked just fine! BUT…. this only seems to work with Global Safes set to NONE. So I am confused. When we make a scene change we only want the Advantis fader levels to change plus the Stereo Aux 1 levels on the IP8 to change and nothing else. So with then Global Safes to NONE it seems we are in danger of some other parameter not being SAFE. I hope that makes sense. Attached is a copy of our master show. Maybe that will help.

Thanks so much!!

Doug

Profile photo of Doug
    Doug
    Participant

Wait!!!! I think I may have it. I then set the Global Safe routing for Stereo Aux 1 to “allow”as you mentioned and then realized that the recall filter setting as you stated must be copied to each scene. I’m doing this on my Advantis Director on my MAC at home and it seems to work. I’ll try it tomorrow on the board at church. Stay tuned…..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.