IP8 Configuration – is this the right place?

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive troubleshooting IP8 Configuration – is this the right place?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Duesenbert Duesenbert 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Duesenbert
    Duesenbert
    Participant

I have a dLive at FOH and a dLive at monitors, connected via Dante. I’ve been using an IP8 to control some things at monitors from FOH and it’s great. However, for a different application, I want to use the IP8 with the FOH dLive. As I understand it, the configuration of the IP8 stays with the dLive show file. So do I need to reset the IP8 to allow the FOH mixrack to see it and then I can begin configuring it? And when that’s done, I’m assuming I would reset the IP8 again and link it back to the stored IP8 configuration on the monitors mixrack.

I can’t find any documentation on this, so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Profile photo of Martijn
    Martijn
    Participant

The config of the IP8 is stored in the slot on your surface ore mix rack.
    There are 16 slots on each mix rack or surface.

These slots (And there config’s) are stored in scene’s (and the scene’s are stored in the show file).
    You can simply disconnect the IP8 (In software) from a specific config slot and reconnect it to a different one (On the same or other device).

Make sure you disconnect an IP8 from a slot first, instead of trying to force it to connect, as this on boot up of the system would result in random connections (Whoever is first).

You can even change the config of an IP8 by changing a scene!

There is no need to reset the IP8 as the ip8 is reset everytimes its powered up (And then retrieves the config from the slot its connected to.

Profile photo of Duesenbert
    Duesenbert
    Participant

Martijn, don’t know how I missed your response, but thank you!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.