IP6 controller for simple operation

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions IP6 controller for simple operation

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike Mike 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

Existing system is DM32/S3000. I’d like to attach an IP6 for simple system operation. I would like to run the IP6 with DM32 for small events where the S3000 desk would remain off. But then for larger events use the desk. All needed sources would be wired into the DM32 that are needed for IP6 stand alone operation. Is this possible? How would I get the appropriate scene recalled for IP6 use? Any thoughts?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I’m not a dLive user [yet] but wouldnt it be easier just to use a mixpad app?

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

Yes sir, but they don’t have an iPad! My concept is for the “janitor” to be able to run audio for a small event. I don’t want them touching the desk.

Thanks,
    Mike

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

For sure.
    You would think A & H could see the need for a very simple fader pack device that can speak the language to talk to ALL of the A & H range as an add-on.
    Just exactly in your instance what you are asking about?
    I’m not going to mention something like a BRC on-the-go type of fader pack 😐 which can be utilised in many different ways.

Anyhow I look forward to an answer to your original post.

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

@XYZ there’s ports on both the surface and mixrack for the IP units, so definitely if you set a scene it would be controllable by the IP units in a very simple scenario (I had the discussion yesterday with a fellow user over coffee where he was discussing installing an IP8 in a lecturn for use by non-audio savvy operators in a Church).

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

I have multiple users with different logins. If the surface isn’t turned on, how would the appropriate scene be recalled for use with the IP6? Would the system need to have the scene recalled prior to shut down of previous use in order for that scene to be active when it’s powered back on the next time? …or can I just program a button on the IP6 to recall a specific scene regardless of login credentials?

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

TCP/IP? On my iLive I had an app on my phone which selected scenes via TCP/IP, I believe there’s the same system available on the dLive (I haven’t tried it yet, but it worked well on iLive)

Profile photo of Leon BigEars A&H
    Leon BigEars A&H

You can program some soft keys on the IP controller so it recalls the ‘right’ scenes no matter what user is logged in
    NB you cannot change user log-ins via an IP controller – the system will stay in the last user profile
    You should program IP controllers separately for ‘surface’ / ‘MixRack’ connection (e.g IP6 programmed ‘to rack’ will always function whether surface is present or not).

HTH

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.