IP validation during config changes to prevent frozen boot.

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD feature suggestions IP validation during config changes to prevent frozen boot.

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of pilotspike pilotspike 10 years ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of pilotspike
    pilotspike
    Participant

IP validation during configuration changes would be a great addition. This weekend I was reconfiguring the console for a different network and unknowingly fat-fingered an IP address. During the subsequent reboot the console froze during the boot sequence until we finally removed the network connection from the device. I dont know how long we waited but it was enough that I got fairly nervous.

It turned out that I had fat fingered the IP address of the default gateway to be outside of the network segment (/24) that I had placed the console on. Once I fixed it it returned to performing normal boot behavior. This is in V1.4 Firmware w GLD 112.

It would be great if the UI would do some validation of the network information such that you couldn’t make that mistake (or make the console more forgiving of network specification errors.)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The forum ‘GLD feature suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.